Our Awards & Recognitions; In The News

01 Nov 2012 19:53 - 14 May 2015 10:14 #1 by MyMountainTown
We realized that we needed to start getting organized about past and future awards and recognitions that we receive so this is now where you'll find it all! Thank you for helping making this site wonderful!
My Mountain Town (formerly 285Bound) Staff
[center:nd6iql60]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center:nd6iql60]
The beginning of 285Bound.com
The Flume: New 285 community Web site brings hope, controversy
By Danny Ramey
Friday, June 4, 2010

285 Community Website Launches Local Business Program
Author: Sally Ball
Posted: 07/12/2010

Community website and forum 285Bound.com today announced their innovative new program to promote local businesses."We wanted to provide a format for local businesses to reach the community in a way that transcends traditional advertising," said Robyn Honsey, the founder of 285Bound. The initial group of business forums was launched today, providing a vehicle for local companies to express their knowledge, expertise, caring and appreciation along the 285 corridor and beyond.

Each forum is unique, interactive, and reflects the knowledge and individual personalities of the 285 Corridor community. "This new advertising format gives me a whole new way to expand awareness for our business as well as provides me the opportunity to share information with the community," said Jon Guelzow, owner of Biggie's Liquor Store in Aspen Park.

The sale of 285Bound.com
Exciting stuff but also kind of sad… Important Announcement

Joining the Conifer Area, Platte Canyon Area, and Evergreen Area Chambers of Commerce Fall 2011 - Spring 2012

Voted Best Home-Based Business by the Readers of the Mountain Connection in 2012
Mountain Connection article Best of Winners Announced
Video of Acceptance

Chosen Home-Based Business of the Year by the Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce in 2012

Reported in The Flume: Winners named in Conifer chamber awards
Mike Potter, Staff Writer
March 16, 2012

Video of Acceptance

Sponsoring the Platte Canyon Little League Team The Storm:
The Flume: Platte Canyon Little League starts season
Tom Hoganson, Correspondent
May 12, 2012

For Sponsoring Bailey Day 2012

For sponsoring Barefoot, Bluegrass, and BBQ for JOY International
File Attachment:

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2013 16:55 #2 by MyMountainTown
For Helping Sponsor the 30th Annual Christmas in Conifer Parade in 2012 (specifically, the Peppermint Patty drink!):

File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Selected Business of the Month by the Platte Canyon Area Chamber of Commerce, November 2012:
http://www.chamberorganizer.com/plattec ... v_2012.pdf

Bound Up In Community Article published on January 17, 2012 in Colorado Serenity, page 35, copied here in full with permission from author Cliff Bowron:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

720-608-0285

20 Jan 2013 21:32 #3 by Mtn Gramma
:twothumbsup:

24 Feb 2013 17:49 #4 by ScienceChic
Accuweather.com liked our photo we Tweeted of the view from the Little Britches/Haley's Closet webcam today and have us at the top of their collection of photos of the Denver snow storm on their website! :woo hoo:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-n ... en/6815685
File Attachment:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Sep 2013 16:16 #5 by ScienceChic
Thank you to Jacque and the wonderful staff at Mountain Connection Positive News for publishing the Business Profile JoAnn Colton wrote for My Mountain Town! :woo hoo:

My Mountain Town—Keeping people connected
by Jo Ann M. Colton
16 Sep 2013 , Published by Jacqueline, Categories: Community Family+Friends

“It’s a positive change with lots of new features and benefits,” said Trilk.

MyMountainTown.com membership is free to any community resident who wants to sign up. The site is a great way to stay in better touch with others and to meet new people in the community.

If you enjoy our town, you will love MyMountainTown.com.

http://mtnconnection.com/2013/09/16/my- ... bject_map=

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 May 2015 12:35 - 14 May 2015 12:36 #6 by MyMountainTown
Well, in reviewing this thread, it appeared as if we'd been pretty quiet for a while. In actuality, we've still been as busy and involved in the community as ever! At the end of 2013, we were thrilled to be the title sponsor for the Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce's 13th Annual Holiday Wine Tasting & Festival of Trees. It was an amazing event that we hope to sponsor again in the future and support our local businesses by helping make it a success!

In 2014, we sponsored both Spring and Fall Mountain Resource Center/Evergreen Christian Outreach Mountain Area Job Fairs , and Peaceworks, Inc's A Taste of the Foothills . We were nominated for Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year (businesses cannot win if an employee is on the Board of Directors so we were ineligible, but we appreciated being thought of :) and submitted by someone in the community). We were also the runner-up in the People's Choice Award voting for Best Local Website.

We are proud to announce that for the first time ever My Mountain Town has been chosen in The Flume's People's Choice Awards as Best Local Website!! Thank you to all of you who voted for us, who have supported us, believed in us, and made this site the incredible resource it is today! This couldn't have happened without the help of our amazing volunteers and mostly because of all of you. Most especially we thank all of our local businesses who have advertised with us, some for over 4 years now - we are humbled, and ever so grateful that you continue to entrust to us promoting your livelihoods.

:MMTRocks:

This tops our earlier good news that in March of this year, the owner of My Mountain Town was nominated for 2014 Leadership Evergreen's Leader of the Year and was awarded Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce's Ambassador of the Year! A huge thank you to those individuals who placed the nominations, it was truly an honor. Made even sweeter by the fact that fellow Co-Chair of the 285 Tourism Committee, Marcel Flukiger, was also nominated for Leader of the Year, and Melissa Baker current President of the Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors was the co-winner of Ambassador of the Year! The Ambassador of the Year this year was chosen by community vote, rather than by the Chamber Award Committee, for the first time this year.

We look forward to a bright and successful future serving all of you and our communities! Thank you for making it possible with your participation, supporting our local businesses, and sharing with friends and family that My Mountain Town is your online community resource.

720-608-0285
Attachments:

14 May 2015 13:28 #7 by HappyCamper
You have been a very busy lady I hope you will take sometime to celebrate and enjoy all of this.

We need to get together for :jumpinwine:

28 Oct 2016 18:51 #8 by MyMountainTown
Catching up a bit. So far this year My Mountain Town has sponsored the Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce's Elevation Celebration, Holiday Wine & Dine's Festival of Trees, & Conifer Christmas Parade Christmas Market, the Platte Canyon Area Chamber of Commerce's Bailey Day and Bailey Car Show, Leadership Evergreen Class of 2015's World's Longest Picnic Table, & the Evergreen Chamber of Commerce's Women in Business Luncheon as well as the Boys & Girls Club of the High Rockies Conifer Chamber membership.

A few weeks ago, we were thrilled to be voted Best Mom-Run Business by the readers of Macaroni Kid: Conifer, Bailey, Evergreen!

Congratulations My Mountain Town! You have been voted Best Mom Run Business in the Evergreen.MacaroniKid.com Gold Daisy Awards!

We are proud to now announce that we've been nominated for the Evergreen Chamber of Commerce's People's Choice Award! We are honored to be in the same category as so many other incredible businesses and we urge you all to please go vote for whom you think are the best New Business, People's Choice, and Business of the Year !

My Mountain Town- Sharon Trilk
“Sharon offers a great community forum to bring the mountain communities together in both personal and professional avenues. She seeks to unify the mountain area through the forum and provides timely emergency notifications to keep everyone informed.”

“Owner Sharon T. is heavily involved in the community, sponsoring multiple events & volunteering for several organizations. Serves on BOD for Leadership Evergreen & Friends of Staunton State Park, the Conifer Chamber's 285Tourism, Education, Finance, Elevation Celebration, Holiday Wine & Dine, Christmas Parade, & 285 Winterfest Committees. Volunteers w/Elk Creek Fire, is a Conifer Chamber Ambassador, and sponsors many Evergreen Chamber events as well. MMT was voted Macaroni Kid Evergreen's Best Mom-Run Biz.

MMT helped Fairy Dust Mother increase business by 70% this year!”

720-608-0285
Attachments:

28 Oct 2016 19:07 #9 by HappyCamper
You have been a busy gal hopefully you can enjoy sometime with the kids this Halloween!!!!!

:vampirebat: :witchcauldr :ghost:

29 Oct 2016 12:21 #10 by ScienceChic
Most definitely! We don't have too many more Trick or Treating years left so I plan to enjoy every one of them! :)

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds