THANKS STILL live on the mountain in colorado?

10 Jul 2020 07:25 #1 by homeagain
Just a curious concern......How many poster on MMT still live in the area? I ask this because of the CDOT decision to take out the light at 43A(which was
going to happen at least a decade ago, when they redid Crow Hill)......there has been NO comment or topic post, and that seemed odd to me.

SINCE Duke Dozier died,it is NOW happening......he was the obstacle to this project, and NOW it is moving forward. ANY input from MMT 285 travelers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jul 2020 07:07 #2 by homeagain
Apparently, the present mountain mindset is "haven't given it a thought"....IF the configuration they are proposing is the plan.....ROSALIE will be another horrific accident waiting to happen....before they made
the lane for left turn to Rosalie there was a NO option but come to dead stop and wait...THAT created a
horrific head on....the driver was thrown out of the car,his body traveling down 285 at the same speed of vehicle...(THAT closed down 285 for hours)...I know this because of a friend's relationship with a first
responder. The scene was something out of a gory movie....the frontage road accessing the salon,storage
and other business is the CORRECT access answer( U may ask WHY do I care?....since I am no longer
on the mountain....altho my physical body is not on the mountain, my heart and mind is.

11 Jul 2020 11:12 #3 by homeagain
HERE'S the plan......does this look like a viable solution? NOT

Attachments:

12 Jul 2020 12:07 #4 by ScienceChic
CDOT has been working on this particular project since before Dozier passed, I've attended meetings with them. Local business members from the Conifer and Platte Canyon Chambers formed a Highway 285 Improvements group back in 2016 and started meeting quarterly with our county, state, and federal representatives (Commissioners, state and US Senators, etc). CDOT started attending the meetings a couple of years in. The goal was to get people communicating about the issues our highway faces and figure out how we can get movement on work finally getting done.

The light at 43 is an easier and less expensive fix than the Pine Junction and Kings Valley Rd intersections, although they are actively working on the latter as well (they've created the plans, they're working on raising the funds needed to complete it). What they want to do at 43 isn't perfect, but it'll make the intersection safer than it is now and it will help traffic flow on the highway. They'll likely need to do some work to the side roads that access 285 around CR43, and it didn't sound like they had any plans to work with the county on that. The side roads are ParkCo Road and Bridge's responsibility.

We do have a topic on it where we've posted the meeting notice, the scope of work, and the video of their public meeting; it has over 1,600 views.

All of the comments are being made in local Facebook groups and on NextDoor neighborhood groups.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

12 Jul 2020 14:18 #5 by homeagain
THANKS SC.....this topic is being discussed extensively on the other site....the consensus is the design sucks, and when individuals did attend the meeting.....the questions were NOT anticipated,so therefore the
answers were NOT FORTHCOMING....apparently a last minute change in speaker from CDOT/or
whoever was presenting the community with the plans. It was a failure in communication...I was on the mountain when SCHAFFERS CROSSING was a deadly disaster....design flaws abound....it took YEARS
for anyone to really listen and make the necessary changes....just as aside note...BULLDOGGER was
closed off at 285 because of similar problems...that was years ago.....so ROSALIE plans seem questionable.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds