Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

19 May 2010 02:20 - 21 Jan 2011 05:52 #1 by DrMike
It's Time to Thrive
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers" (3 John 1:2, NKJV)

Many people today are living in "survival mode." If they can just make it through the day, they've accomplished their goal. And, there are times when circumstances can seem overwhelming. There are seasons that are more difficult than others. But God doesn't want us to just survive, He wants us to thrive. He wants us to prosper in all things.
One definition of the word "thrive" means "to realize a goal despite circumstances." That means you can prosper in all things no matter what is going on around you. You don't have to settle for an average year; you can have an extraordinary year. You may be planning on just getting by, but God is planning on abundance. He's planning on overflow. It's time to get into agreement with God. It's time to walk in His ways. It's time see your dreams come to pass. It's time to thrive because God has a plan for you to prosper in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to cast my cares on You knowing that because You care about me, You care for me. Help me to see the good plan You have for me so that I can thrive the way You intended. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 May 2010 07:47 #2 by The Viking
Absolutely love it! Thanks! Needed that one today too.

20 May 2010 07:42 - 14 Sep 2010 04:17 #3 by DrMike
Sudden Breakthroughs
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
the Lord has broken through my enemies before me, like the bursting out of great waters…"(2 Samuel 5:20, AMP)

God wants to give you a breakthrough—a sudden burst of His favor; an explosion of His goodness. He wants to release His power in such a way that it overwhelms you and drives out your enemies!
Maybe you've been praying about a relationship for years, and suddenly, things get into place. That's a breakthrough. Or you were trying to get a certain job. They said there were no openings; but suddenly, they call you back and you get the job. That's another breakthrough. Perhaps you've struggled with an addiction for a long time, but then something happens and it's not a struggle anymore. Those are all breakthroughs.

No matter what you've been facing, no matter how impossible things look, know this: the God of the breakthrough wants to visit your house. Get ready! Look for His favor and goodness. Remember, God rewards the people who seek after Him. So keep expecting, keep believing because the God of the breakthrough is ready to overwhelm you with His goodness today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, today I am expecting Your goodness. I am looking for Your favor. I'm trusting that You, the God of the breakthrough, are working mightily on my behalf. Help me to live a life pleasing to You as I wait for Your hand to move mightily in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

21 May 2010 03:13 - 14 Sep 2010 04:18 #4 by DrMike
The Tongue of the Wise
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing" (Proverbs 12:18; NIV)

It's easy to see how words can be used as a weapon. We've all either been "cut" by the words of others, or we've used words to put someone "in their place." The truth of the matter is when we use words recklessly or in a way that cuts others, we are not being wise. The scripture tells us that the tongue of the wise brings life and healing to others.
Today, look for ways to be wise. Find something nice to say about someone or share an encouraging word. You never know how you can bring healing to a person's heart by sharing a kind, gracious word. And remember, words are like seeds. When you plant words of life and blessing into others, you're sure to reap a harvest of blessing in your own life in return.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, today I choose to be wise. I submit my tongue to You and choose to use it for good and not for evil. Show me ways to be a blessing to others. Help me find creative ways to encourage the people You have placed in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

24 May 2010 06:53 #5 by DrMike
A Flood of Power
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
So [Israel] came up to Baal-perazim, and David smote [the Philistines] there. Then David said, God has broken my enemies by my hand, like the bursting forth of waters. Therefore they called the name of that place Baal-perazim [Lord of breaking through]" (1 Chronicles 14:11, AMP)

Notice how David likened God's power to the bursting forth of waters. In other words, he described it as a flood. He was saying that when the God of the breakthrough shows up and releases His power, it will be like a flood of His goodness, a flood of His favor, a flood of healing, a flood of new opportunity.
Think about how powerful water is. Three or four inches of water can pick up a huge car that weighs thousands of pounds and move it all around. I've seen on the news whole houses floating down the river in big floods. Nothing can stop the force of that water! Anything that's in its way is moved!

Today, you may have difficulties that look extremely large, obstacles that look impassable, dreams that look unobtainable. But know this: when the God of the breakthrough releases a flood of His power, nothing can stop it. You need to get ready not for a trickle, not for a stream, not for a river. Get ready for a flood of God's favor, a tidal wave of His goodness, a tsunami of His increase! Dare to believe that God is going to overwhelm you with victory in every area of your life today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, I invite You to overwhelm me with You today. Take over every area of my life; my thoughts, my attitude, my body. Flood me with Your healing, favor, and strength today as I surrender my entire being to You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

25 May 2010 06:55 #6 by DrMike
Increase Your Capacity to Receive
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back…" (Isaiah 54:2, NIV)

God has many blessings in store for you! He has favor in your future like you've never imagined. He wants to take you places that you've never even dreamed of. But in order for us to partake of all these blessings, we have to increase our capacity to receive.
Think about this: if you have a one-gallon bucket and someone has fifty gallons to give you, the problem is not with the supply. The problem is that you don't have the capacity to receive the fifty gallons. But, if you get rid of that small container and get something larger, then you will be able to receive more. It's the same way with God. If we think we've reached our limits, the problem isn't that God doesn't have the resources or the ability. The problem is that our container is too small. We have to enlarge our vision and make room for the new things God has for us. Our attitude should be, "Yes, the economy is down, but I know God is still on the throne. I know wherever I go His goodness and mercy follow me." When you have that kind of attitude, you're increasing your capacity to receive so that you can live the abundant life He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, today I choose to increase my capacity to receive from You. I let go of limited thinking and old mindsets, and I open myself to everything You have in store for me. Show me Your ways that I may walk with You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

25 May 2010 23:42 #7 by DrMike
He Will Fill You
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"'…My people will be filled with My bounty,' declares the LORD" (Jeremiah 31:14, NIV)

When I think of being filled, I think of being satisfied. I think of having more than enough to meet my needs so that I can be a blessing to others. But it all starts with our level of expectancy. My question for you today is what are you believing for? What are you expecting? You might say, "Well, I don't think I'll ever meet my sales goals this year with the economy like it is." Or, "I don't think I'll ever get promoted. I'm not that qualified." "I don't think I'll ever get well." The problem is you're not looking for those good breaks. You're not expecting increase. You're not positioning yourself for God to fill you, and unfortunately, you won't be disappointed. Jesus said in the scriptures, "According to your faith it will be done unto you." He might as well have said, "If you've got a cup, I'll fill you with a cup level of blessing. If you've got a bucket, I'll fill you with a bucket level of blessing." But if you'll take the limits off of God and believe for supernatural opportunities, if you'll go out each day expecting far and beyond favor, you won't be disappointed. He will fill you and satisfy you with His goodness and show His favor in ways beyond your wildest dreams!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for blessing me so that I can be a blessing to others. Today, I choose to open my heart and mind to You and expect that You will fill me with Your bounty. I choose to take the limits off my thinking so that You can have Your way in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

27 May 2010 02:10 #8 by DrMike
Set the Tone
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak His praises" (Psalm 34:1, NLT)

When you wake up in the morning, do you expect the goodness of God in your life? Do you set the tone of the day for success, favor and blessing?

It doesn't matter what happened yesterday, last week, last month or last year; today is a new day. This moment, you have the power to make a change in your life. Things may be bad all around you. People may be negative, complaining and discouraged, but don't let that spirit rub off on you. Instead, choose to bless the Lord at all times. Let His praise continually be in your mouth. Remember, the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn shining brighter and brighter until the full day.

Stay determined to set the tone for each new day by speaking words of faith over your future. As you do, you'll enlarge your vision and make room for God to do amazing things in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, I choose to bless You at all times. I choose to set the tone to receive Your favor, grace and mercy. Thank You for Your faithfulness to me at all times. I choose to constantly speak Your praises! In Jesus' Name. Amen.

28 May 2010 02:30 #9 by DrMike
Move Past Your Mountain
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"…you have stayed long enough at this mountain" (Duet 1:6, NIV)

Let me ask you, do you go out each day knowing that favor is already in your future? Or have you gotten stuck in a rut staring at a mountain of disappointment, setbacks or difficulty?

That's what happened to the people of Israel. They were headed toward their promised land. They had big goals and big dreams, but along the way they hit some setbacks and had some disappointments. They got so discouraged that they gave up on their dreams and just settled where they were. One day, God said to them, "You have dwelt long enough on this mountain." He was saying, "It's time to move past this and embrace the blessing in your future."

I believe God is saying that to each one of us today. You've been where you are long enough. God is saying, "This is a new day. Get your fire back. Where you are is not where you're supposed to stay." If you'll be determined to move past your mountain, He will lead you and empower you to live in favor and blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, I give to You every area of my heart. I give You my questions, my disappointments, my doubts and fears. I choose to trade my sorrow for Your joy. I choose to press past my mountains so I can embrace the promises You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

31 May 2010 06:48 #10 by DrMike
More than Enough
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty" (Psalm 37:19, NIV)

We serve the God of more than enough! It doesn't matter what's happening around you, it doesn't matter what's happening in the economy, it doesn't matter what's happening in the stock market, God is able to provide for you. Notice today's verse doesn't just say He'll help you barely get by; no, it says that in days of famine His people will enjoy plenty.

The key is we have to get our minds off of this natural, earthly realm and start setting our minds on things above. Remember, there is no recession in heaven, but if you aren't investing in God's economy, you won't see the reward He has for you. Take a step of faith today and sow a seed. Ask God how you can be a blessing to others. Remember, you are a steward over His resources. When you choose to be obedient to Him, you will eat the good of the land. And when you tap into God's economy by obeying His Word, you will have His results—more than enough!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for the resources You have given to me. Thank You for trusting me to be Your representative in the earth and for giving me more than enough. Show me how to handle the blessings You've given me so that I can please You in everything I do. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds