Alert: Nasty Email Virus Going Around. "Privilege And Confidential" Title

30 Jan 2015 13:51 #1 by ScienceChic
I've received this from two of my friends now. The message says that they have put a document in Dropbox for you to access and it has what looks like a legitimate Dropbox button to click.

From my web developer:

Hi All,
Head's up! Very Nasty Virus, Trogan horse, email spoof and Autoresponder happening.
Sorry to blast everybody, but this is a really bad one. See below...

IF you receive an email Titled "Privilege And Confidential"

DO NOT OPEN! DO NOT CLICK LINK!

1) Delete it immediately And empty your trash.
2) Then Restart your computer.
3) Then Change ALL your email account passwords immediately.

What it's doing
This is the single nastiest thing I've ever seen being spread by email.
It's a virus and appears to infect all your email accounts. (probably Outlook only)
It will then send itself to everyone in your email contacts.
IF anyone responds to these spoofed emails - they will be immediately emailed back with "Yes I sent you the Document. You need to look at it."
If you click the link to the Google Doc it will seriously jack up your computer.

Again, sorry to have to send this, but this is one nasty piece of work.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds