Who else in Conifer/Bailey area has CenturyLink high speed DSL

03 Feb 2015 13:54 #1 by Reverend Revelant
I'm just trying to figure out how many neighborhoods around here have been upgraded to fiber phone lines? I'm off Foxton up Blackhawk and I have had 40mps down for over a year.

I heard that one other area around Aspen Park has this upgrade too.

But I have also heard a lot of complaints about CenturyLink promising upgrades up here and not ever following through.

Of course, that 40mps is optimum, most of the time I get around 30mps which is still enough to handle 3 internet radios around the house, 5 computers and a networked DVD/TV.

Input?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Feb 2015 09:38 #2 by pineinthegrass
I'm not clear what area you are in. Do you mean the tiny town of Foxton off the Platte River? I'd be shocked if they got that kind of speed (if any) over there.

I'm a couple of miles off of Pine Junction. We used to have the 1.5 meg service but it was upgraded to 7 meg a couple of years ago. 7 meg is fine for video streaming so long as you only run no more than one or possibly two streams at a time. The faster the better, though.

I helped a business right at Pine Junction upgrade their service and they were only able to get 12 meg service (from 7). I'd of thought they could get faster right at 285.

I think the CenturyLink service has been pretty good in my experience. My observation is that most people who have issues are still getting the slow 1.5 meg service and they only see 500k or less performance.

05 Feb 2015 06:44 #3 by Reverend Revelant
Well... without giving out my actual address (although most people know who I am and can easily find me). I'm talking about Up the road at the south/east end of Beaver Ranch. Conifer Meadows.

For whatever reason they ran fiber down Foxton (I don't know how far) and the only reason I can think of is that someone up here paid to have a high-speed line put in, maybe they needed it for a work-at-home situation.

Yes, if you have the money, you can have a line put in. You can even get a dedicated T1 line if you want to pay for it. This area is not as populated as some other neighborhoods in the Conifer central area, so I can only imagine that someone paid for something.

But whatever the reason, we have it and have had it for a little more than year.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds