XP SP3 and Me

11 Jan 2011 07:34 #1 by Itsotech
XP SP3 and Me was created by Itsotech
XP SP3 and Me

Have you noticed your XP machine running slow lately or for awhile? Well the culprit may be Microsoft SP3 which is the final release of Service Packs for our beloved XP. The problem is that this release is a memory eater. In the past, if you had 512MB of Ram you were usually ok, but with SP3 you will need a minimum of 1GB or Ram to get that snap back into you PC.
To check if you have SP3 and how much memory is on your PC, do the following: Find “My Computer” and right click on it then go to Properties and Left click. On the General Tab it will tell you what service pack you have and how much ram memory is installed on your computer.

If you want to find out what type of memory your PC uses and what is the max amount you can put in here is a search trick for you. Type Google in your web browser and then in the search bar type the following and I will use a Dell Inspiron 1501 for this example: “Memory upgrade Dell Inspiron 1501”. Look for the link from memorystock.com and click on it. Memory stock is usually pretty good at having you model listed.

Tim Schlung, Owner ItsoTech
Bailey, Colorado

Tim Schlung is the owner of ItsoTech, a Computer and Networking company that provides consulting and repair services to businesses and Home Users. Prior to creating ItsoTech, Tim held positions ranging from Network Engineer to Chief Technology Officer for Large Internet Service Providers and Technology firms.

Raised primarily on the west coast, Tim grew up in the mountains and loves small communities. Tim lives with his Wife and three children outside of Bailey Colorado.

[url=http://www.ItsoTech.com:l99jvyqb]ItsoTech.com[/url]
303-482-1312

**PC Tuneup** Only $49.95[/color]

From Computer diagnostic and repair to Home Networking, let us take the worry out of owning a computer. ItsoTECH has the answer for your computer needs with onsite technicians ready to help.

See what your neighbors are saying!

Click on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bailey-CO/ItsoTECH/501705600533

* Virus and Spyware removal * Antivirus Software Installs * Software Upgrades and Installs * Hardware Upgrades and Installs
* Computer Tune Up * Email Setup * OS upgrades * Backup and Recovery * Wireless Network Setup
* Internet Connection Issues * Printer Installs * Training * Custom Computer Builds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds