That damn smiley face

08 Dec 2013 19:40 #1 by Blazer Bob
This came up when we first migrated to MMT but I cannot find it. I am now logged in here on both my PC and my "device". On the device the thumbs up smiley face blocks my view new posts button. That is a button I cannot do without. How do I kill Mr smiley on my mobile device?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Dec 2013 19:50 #2 by archer
Replied by archer on topic That damn smiley face

Blazer Bob wrote: This came up when we first migrated to MMT but I cannot find it. I am now logged in here on both my PC and my "device". On the device the thumbs up smiley face blocks my view new posts button. That is a button I cannot do without. How do I kill Mr smiley on my mobile device?

Try logging off then log back in. That happens a lot to me on my tablet, the log off, log on works for me

08 Dec 2013 19:52 #3 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic That damn smiley face

archer wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote: This came up when we first migrated to MMT but I cannot find it. I am now logged in here on both my PC and my "device". On the device the thumbs up smiley face blocks my view new posts button. That is a button I cannot do without. How do I kill Mr smiley on my mobile device?

Try logging off then log back in. That happens a lot to me on my tablet, the log off, log on works for me

Thanks, I will try that.

BTW, our trip to best buy resulted in two Samsung Galaxy three tablets.

08 Dec 2013 20:45 #4 by archer

Blazer Bob wrote:

archer wrote:

Thanks, I will try that.

BTW, our trip to best buy resulted in two Samsung Galaxy three tablets.

:happier:

08 Dec 2013 20:50 #5 by archer
About every week or two that smiley face shows up on my tablet even though it shows me still logged into the board, I think it's a glitch with android 4.3, it doesn't happen on my computer or my cell phone which is 4.2. Someday maybe it will go away for good...... We can only hope.

08 Dec 2013 21:51 #6 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic That damn smiley face
I didn't know this was still happening, thanks for the heads-up. I've sent it along to the developer to see if he knows why it's still happening. Sorry for the trouble!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Dec 2013 16:26 #7 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic That damn smiley face
Question: what browser are you using on your androids?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Dec 2013 16:41 #8 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic That damn smiley face

Science Chic wrote: Question: what browser are you using on your androids?

The one it came with? :splat:

09 Dec 2013 17:12 #9 by archer

Science Chic wrote: Question: what browser are you using on your androids?

I mostly use the stock android browser, but have the same issue using Chrome.

09 Dec 2013 17:17 - 09 Dec 2013 17:20 #10 by archer
As best I can tell, SC, MMT is not recognizing that I'm logged into the board even though my browser shows me as being logged in. Logging off, and then logging back in fixes it for a while. I have not run into the issue with any other board but they dont have a smiley banner that would make it so obvious.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds