Trump Protestors

30 Apr 2016 21:52 #1 by Rick
Trump Protestors was created by Rick
What do they want? I can't stand Trump either, but I just can't imagine going nuts at a protest, or to even go to a protest in the first place unless I had some sort of rational demand. This seems like this year's OWS crowd mixed with the "we should have open borders" crowd. This is just my opinion btw so don't be askin for no stinking sources.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 May 2016 08:57 #2 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Trump Protestors
Well, one prominent sign read "Make America Mexico Again."

01 May 2016 09:36 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Trump Protestors
People get passionate about politics. I'm sure some of the protestors are paid by other campaigns or are part of organizations who do things like this to bring publicity for their cause against a candidate, while many are every day citizens who feel compelled to do something. I'll bet for every one protestor that you read about in the news who crossed the line and got violent, or was arrested, there are many more who protested silently and in accordance with their rights to do so - those don't make the news.

What disturbs me is that Trump eggs on his supporters and encourages them to commit violence against protestors. He is no leader, he is a bully and I worry that he is ramping supporters up to go down a path toward revolution. Can you imagine what will happen if he wins the delegates but isn't chosen as the Republican nominee? All of his supporters will feel disenfranchised, even though he is gaming the system as much as any other politician, and is everything they think they stand against.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 May 2016 12:58 #4 by ramage
I have yet to see Trump supports destroying police cars, barricading public highways, destroying private property, etc. If I have missed reports of such, please reference them.

01 May 2016 13:58 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Trump Protestors

ramage wrote: I have yet to see Trump supports destroying police cars, barricading public highways, destroying private property, etc. If I have missed reports of such, please reference them.

That's what I was thinking. If the left wing media narrative was accurate, you would think that gun toting rednecks would be storming Bernie and Hillary rallies with a vengeance, but instead we see the "tolerant" left making their yearly disruptive appearance.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 May 2016 07:28 #6 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Trump Protestors
I think the protestors do more harm than good, flying the Mexican flag, destroying property. I am not a Trump fan, but these are the actions of petulant children.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 May 2016 09:10 - 02 May 2016 09:15 #7 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote:

ramage wrote: I have yet to see Trump supports destroying police cars, barricading public highways, destroying private property, etc. If I have missed reports of such, please reference them.

That's what I was thinking. If the left wing media narrative was accurate, you would think that gun toting rednecks would be storming Bernie and Hillary rallies with a vengeance, but instead we see the "tolerant" left making their yearly disruptive appearance.

I didn't say that they were now, I said imagine what would happen if he gets the majority of the delegates and isn't chosen as the Republican nominee? Like Rick, I'm going to say "don't be askin for no stinking sources" :P this is my opinion based on what I've read of first-hand accounts (supposedly) by people (written and video) who've attended Trump rallies (feel free to Google for them yourself, I didn't save them as I read them unfortunately), not to protest but just to observe and document what happened. The mob mentality behavior exhibited by the crowd is frightening, and yes I do believe it could go bigger scale.

Evil is not to be traced back to the individual but to the collective behavior of humanity. 
~Reinhold Niebuhr

Edit to add: I agree with you FH, many of the protestors depicted in the media (and again, I will say that you are not seeing reported the ones who do not act like children) are doing more harm than good for their cause. I'm of the firm belief that you conduct yourself in a manner of integrity and upfront honesty, and let your opponent hang themselves with their lies and unethical actions. If those protestors were to follow in Dr. King's footsteps and teachings, protest peacefully and then be abused and harmed, they would hold the sway of public opinion because they were the ones being wronged, not the other way around. Bad behavior does not justify returned bad behavior and it does not win public sentiment or support.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 May 2016 09:58 #8 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Trump Protestors
I have been seeing the threats from Trump supporters but I doubt they will materialize for two reasons. First of all, Republicans tend to not demonstrate, too independent and unorganized. Second, the GOP has gradually come to realize Cruz is almost as unlikely to win as Trump. So I expect Trump to get the delegates he needs to win before Cleveland.

If Trump against the odds does win, I do expect to see riots from the radical left. They truly believe that the Donald would destroy the nation, they will feel duty bound to protest.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 May 2016 10:01 #9 by ramage
SC,
I appreciate your opinion and honesty in noting the "supposedly" observed Trump rallies. What is the "mob mentality" of the Trump rallies? Again it is destruction of police cars, etc. Trump rallies are akin to the Tea Parties rallies of 2010, You ask what would happen if Trump gets a majority of the delegates but is denied the nomination by the Republican Party. There will be no violence rather it will be the end of the Republican Party as a major party,. That would be "too smart by half" on their part. We will not vote rather we will begin to create a Party that will be reflective of this majority that was denied.

02 May 2016 10:40 #10 by ScienceChic
I certainly hope you are both correct and that it will not be violence, but rather our Republic in action, forming a new party and making their voices heard with votes. I do see an end to the Republican Party as it has existed, in one way or another - it's been a long time coming. Frankly, I wish they'd start focusing on the economy and environment, as they used to, and stop trying to control social issues - perhaps a new party would do just that.

Forgive me for leaning toward the pessimistic side, there are days I have little faith in us as a species that we can start focusing on the bigger picture of what's truly important and stop being distracted by petty sh*t, like who can use what bathroom. :angry:

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds