White House Meetings On The Shutdown & Border Wall

09 Jan 2019 15:41 #1 by FredHayek
Speaker Pelosi and Senator Schumer met with President Trump at the White House today. Once Nancy Pelosi revealed she was not going to compromise on border security and the wall, Donald Trump said "bye-bye" and exited the meeting. Who is going to win this showdown?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2019 16:57 #2 by Brandon
America's going to win, the idiot king is going to lose. Remind me - What percentage of people want the big, beautiful wall that Mexico was going to pay for?

By the way, anyone gullible enough to believe that the idiot king is actually a master negotiator just got proven wrong today.

11 Jan 2019 10:38 #3 by FredHayek
Even 61% of Democrats want secure borders. And in the past, President Obama, Speaker Pelosi, and Senator Schumer all supported border walls. And the bills they passed devoted much more money to the border than 5.7 billion. Face it, this is just politics. Now that Trump is President, they want to win a battle over him. Brandon, you should do more research before you reply. You are in the minority on this position. A border wall isn't a perfect solution, but it will make it easier to control illegal immigration. This needs to be combined with harsher penalties for American employers hiring illegals, but I would also support increased legal immigration from all over the world. Legal immigrants have been proven to be great job creators, and open up small businesses much more than native born Americans.

11 Jan 2019 12:06 #4 by homeagain
www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/stateme...ico-would-write-che/

WHO in their sane mind would ever believe this despicable diva?

13 Jan 2019 09:56 #5 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/stateme...ico-would-write-che/

WHO in their sane mind would ever believe this despicable diva?

He is a politician and a salesman, neither profession is known for their honesty. It was easier to sell the wall to potential voters if he had someone else paying for it. Like a storm window salesman telling you the savings on utilities will pay for the windows in only three months. It still could be paid for by Mexico in a number of ways. The US could charge a 5% fee on all remittances sent back to Mexico, which is a huge amount, one of the largest sources of currency inflow to that nation. They could also charge entrance and exit fees for Mexican citizens at the border. Some workers have daily commutes across the border for jobs and some kids commute to schools.

14 Jan 2019 09:24 #6 by Brandon

Brandon wrote: Remind me - What percentage of people want the big, beautiful wall that Mexico was going to pay for?

How about answering the question I asked, instead of the question you wish I had asked?

14 Jan 2019 10:54 #7 by FredHayek
Per CNN, a significant percent of Americans support the Wall being built, 42%. More Americans don't want it built. But that is why politics is about compromise. 2.5 billion to be spent on the Wall and other border security measures?

14 Jan 2019 12:10 #8 by Brandon
Compromise isn't accepting a bad idea that only a minority of the country wants and that all of us were lied to about paying for.

14 Jan 2019 14:57 #9 by FredHayek

Brandon wrote: Compromise isn't accepting a bad idea that only a minority of the country wants and that all of us were lied to about paying for.

Incorrect, you are paying for many things that only a minority of the nation wants. Budget bills have been written that way since day one. "If you give me farm price supports, I will give you industrial tariffs. If you approve a military base in my district, I will approve an infrastructure improvement in your state."

14 Jan 2019 15:45 #10 by Brandon
You're one for three in addressing the content of my last post.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds