The nation's TRUE NORTH

22 Mar 2019 08:49 #1 by homeagain
www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-rus...-probe-idUSKCN1R3195

TEAM M. is the true north for our nation......THIS is the reason the king is spinning and spewing shit.....his demands are being met with dismissal and decidedly defiant actions. The
TRUTH is his enemy and it is emerging that his reign is coming to a conclusion.jmo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Mar 2019 11:01 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic The nation's TRUE NORTH
Excellent article, thank you homeagain. I've been wanting to do a thread on Mueller himself for some time now and this is a great segue.

What I Learned From Briefing Robert Mueller
By David Priess Thursday, April 12, 2018

For more than a year, while serving as a CIA officer, I was his daily intelligence briefer in his role as director of the FBI. Five, often six, days a week I delivered to him the president’s daily brief (PDB) as well as voluminous other pieces of intelligence information and analytic assessments, primarily on terrorism.

The relationship between daily intelligence briefers and their “customers,” as CIA officers for many decades have called senior policy makers, is a special one. The details of the briefing materials—including, but not limited to, information about intelligence sources and methods—and the sensitive conversations in that room remain sacred. I won’t discuss those things here, or anywhere.

But presenting complex information to Mueller, watching him digest it, answering his inevitable questions, and chatting with him and his staff on the margins of the sessions afforded me insight that I can appropriately share regarding his approach to complex problem sets—from L’Affaire Russe to Mueller’s personal style. This experience gave me confidence then about the fight against terrorism and the integrity of the Bureau under his watch, and it gives me confidence now in the work he is doing as special counsel.

What stood out to me most upon my starting the job, just months after 9/11, were Mueller’s attention to detail and his desire to understand how the CIA analysts arrived at their assessments. For a while, most of my briefings devolved into de facto intelligence hazing rituals. I discovered the hard way that when my presentation casually offered judgments lacking robust sourcing or logic, Mueller would ask me about the substantiation or argumentation until either my desperate searching through background materials could satisfy him or—more often in those first few months—I admitted that I’d have to get back to him after talking to the experts on that issue.

He wasn’t sending me down rabbit holes for the joy of doing so; he simply didn’t seem to trust analysis anchored to weak evidence or unclear reasoning.

Rare bipartisan moment: Both sides embrace Robert Mueller as special counsel
Paul Singer, Eliza Collins and Erin Kelly, USA TODAY Published 8:32 p.m. ET May 17, 2017

7 things to know about Robert Mueller, new special counsel for Russia investigation
Maureen Groppe, Ledyard King, Bill Theobald and Deborah Barfield Berry, USA TODAY Published 8:07 p.m. ET May 17, 2017

Ann Mueller, Robert Mueller’s Wife: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
By Jessica McBride, heavy.com | Published May 17, 2017, Updated Apr 15, 2018

Paul Ryan to Trump: Robert Mueller is 'anything but' a partisan
by Al Weaver, Washington Examiner | July 24, 2017

How Scared Should Trump Be of Mueller? Ask John Gotti or Sammy “The Bull”
BY HOWARD BLUM, Vanity Fair | DECEMBER 1, 2017

Today, nearly three eventful decades later, what makes this Great Escape more than just a faded episode from yesteryear’s gangland chronicles, but rather relevant and even instructive, is the identity of the man who ultimately had to sign off on the operation: then U.S. Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division Robert Mueller.

It is, one person close the administration recently observed, a “classic Gambino-style roll-up.” To understand how Mueller might now proceed, to get a sense of the compromises he’d be willing to make to bag the larger prosecutorial targets in his sights, it’s eye-opening to go back to the deal he cut with Sammy the Bull.

As he investigates Trump's aides, Robert Mueller's record shows surprising flaws
By DAVID WILLMAN, LA Times | NOV 24, 2017

Robert Mueller
Written By: The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica

Robert Mueller Fast Facts
CNN Library | Updated Sun December 2, 2018

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Mar 2019 11:53 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic The nation's TRUE NORTH

homeagain wrote: www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-rus...-probe-idUSKCN1R3195

TEAM M. is the true north for our nation......THIS is the reason the king is spinning and spewing shit.....his demands are being met with dismissal and decidedly defiant actions. The
TRUTH is his enemy and it is emerging that his reign is coming to a conclusion.jmo

The questions I have for all those who have been counting on Mueller proving collusion with Russia is, will you be able to handle the truth, whatever that truth is? What will CNN, MSNBC, and 90% of print media do if Mueller came up with nothing on Trump? Will they have any kind of response that admits they were wrong to assume he was guilty? Will they probe deeper into how the whole investigation was started based on a fake dossier paid for by his opponent (yes, I know, it was all because of Popodopolus who got a couple weeks in jail...haha). Will they look into how the FISA warrants were obtained and if the investigation was tainted with bias? (and it was)
I'll tell you the answer to all these questions... NO, not ever. This whole thing will be dropped like a rock and your fine sources will move onto the next shiny object for you to chase. There will never be any apologies from Democrats who claimed Trump was some kind of Russian agent, never, It will be pretty embarrassing for those of you who have staked the last two years of this partisan investigation on being able to take down the president... but you too will move on and never want to speak of this again.

And if Trump is so king-like, why would he have allowed all of this to go on for two years? I thought kings had that kind of power... I guess not.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Mar 2019 12:14 #4 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic The nation's TRUE NORTH

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-rus...-probe-idUSKCN1R3195

The questions I have for all those who have been counting on Mueller proving collusion with Russia is, will you be able to handle the truth, whatever that truth is? What will CNN, MSNBC, and 90% of print media do if Mueller came up with nothing on Trump? Will they have any kind of response that admits they were wrong to assume he was guilty? Will they probe deeper into how the whole investigation was started based on a fake dossier paid for by his opponent (yes, I know, it was all because of Popodopolus who got a couple weeks in jail...haha). Will they look into how the FISA warrants were obtained and if the investigation was tainted with bias? (and it was)
I'll tell you the answer to all these questions... NO, not ever. This whole thing will be dropped like a rock and your fine sources will move onto the next shiny object for you to chase. There will never be any apologies from Democrats who claimed Trump was some kind of Russian agent, never, It will be pretty embarrassing for those of you who have staked the last two years of this partisan investigation on being able to take down the president... but you too will move on and never want to speak of this again.

And if Trump is so king-like, why would he have allowed all of this to go on for two years? I thought kings had that kind of power... I guess not.

[/b]

BOLDED......because there would have been a REVOLT.....TRUMPDOM does not OVERRIDE OVERSIGHT.....that is why the HOUSE is doing the hard lifting that the SENATE so conveniently let slide.

SDNY WILL SETTLE ANY OUTSTANDING ISSUES....and the king's attempt to install an ally, is PROOF that he is pretty sure he is screwed.

YOU(Rick) do not know me.....I am straight up and IF I am wrong, I will be the very first to
state so......it's called integrity and wisdom to own up to your errors.

22 Mar 2019 15:07 #5 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic The nation's TRUE NORTH
BREAKING JUST NOW......BARR HAS BEEN GIVEN MUELLER REPORT......BARR IS THE
MAIN MAN NOW.

22 Mar 2019 15:17 #6 by ScienceChic
To answer your question Rick, yes, of course. And no, I will not be merely accepting what media outlets say about it but reading the report (once the unclassified version is finally released) for myself, as I have been for all of the indictments.

Mueller report PSA: Prepare for disappointment
And be forewarned that the special counsel’s findings may never be made public.
By DARREN SAMUELSOHN 10/19/2018

When Mueller is finished, he must turn in a “confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions” — essentially why he chose to bring charges against some people but not others. His reasoning, according to veterans of such investigations, could be as simple as “there wasn’t enough evidence” to support a winning court case.

Then, it will be up to DOJ leaders to make the politically turbo-charged decision of whether to make Mueller’s report public.

Government officials will first get a chance to scrub the special counsel’s findings for classified details, though, involving everything from foreign intelligence sources to information gleaned during grand jury testimony that the law forbids the government from disclosing.

As for the crafting of the report itself, Mueller has significant leeway. He can theoretically be as expansive as he wants. But sources who have worked closely with Mueller during his lengthy career at the Justice Department say his by-the-books, conservative style is likely to win out, suggesting he might lean more toward saying less than more.

The question is, will you accept the evidence at hand and what happens afterwards?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

22 Mar 2019 15:26 #7 by ScienceChic
Steve Dorsey Verified account @steve_dorsey
In letter on Mueller Report to top members of Sen and House Judiciary Committee, AG Barr writes "I am reviewing the report and anticipate that I may be in a position to advise you of the Special Counsel's principal conclusions as soon as this weekend."

Mueller sends Russia probe report to U.S. attorney general
Sarah N. Lynch, Reuters
March 22, 2019

Attachments:

23 Mar 2019 06:52 #8 by Pony Soldier
Sorry to disagree (as usual), but Mueller is an unethical toady. His career is plagues with scandal such as destroyed records, fast and furious, cover ups, stolen records and blatant bias. If he's the "true north" of our country, we're screwed.

23 Mar 2019 09:10 #9 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic The nation's TRUE NORTH

homeagain wrote:
YOU(Rick) do not know me.....I am straight up and IF I am wrong, I will be the very first to
state so......it's called integrity and wisdom to own up to your errors.

Well I do appreciate you at least making this statement because I doubt others here ever would.

One day if you had the time I would like you to list the all the King-like actions this president has taken that no other president in our lifetimes had also done. It would be a fascinating read for me since I'm a little confused about where you are coming from.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Mar 2019 09:20 #10 by ScienceChic
You have any credible sources to corroborate those claims TM?

A reminder too: Mueller is not the only one involved in this investigation. He had a team of 16 other lawyers and hundreds of FBI agents going through the evidence obtained from those indicted, grand jury testimonies, the IRS, NSA, and FVEY (Five Eyes, our allies).

Four Arguments About the Mueller Report You Should Ignore
The Mueller report is here. Don't fall for these four canards.
by Jonathan V. Last | March 22, 2019

Robert Mueller’s report is finally here and without having read it I can make you a promise: It isn’t going to settle anything.

Fights like this never end conclusively. The subject is too big and complicated to give a single, clean inarguable answer. And people’s partisanship is too strong to override a consensus consideration of the merits at scale.

So what are you supposed to do if you’re in the camp that’s persuadable and wants to take the Mueller report seriously? There are three things: read the report; grapple with the facts; and try to come to reasonable conclusions—accepting right out of the gate that all stories this big will be messy and incomplete.

But before you read the report, there are four arguments that you are absolutely, positively, 100 percent going to hear from Trump supporters that you should dismiss out of hand:

(1) It’s fruit of the poisonous tree.
(2) None of this is about Russian collusion.
(3) It’s not an impeachable offense.
(4) There’s no smoking gun.

Rick, #1 is particularly for you, and as I've said before the investigation did NOT start with the Steele dossier (and why does everyone keep ignoring that Steele was first hired by Republicans, not Hilary?). It began with counterintelligence intercepting communications that indicated members of Trump's campaign were working with Russians. Trump himself was warned that Flynn, whom he chose as his National Security Advisor, was a Russian asset by Obama and Sally Yates, yet he ignored that advice. Flynn, whom I will remind you the judge presiding over his trial said: "In the White House! In the West Wing. By a high ranking security officer who up to that point had an unblemished career of service to his country,” the judge said. “It's a very serious offense. ... Arguably, this undermines everything this flag over here stands for! Arguably, you sold your country out!"

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds