1. There is no such thing as a bear proof garbage can
2. It can snow in any month of the year except maybe August
3. You will spend a lot less money buying farm fresh vegetables than you will if you try to grow them.
1. No matter how much you think you love snow, it can get tiresome if you get a foot or more every week for 9 solid months (as in Sept 2006- May 2007.)
2. Never plan a 4th of July BBQ, and expect to (a) actually be able to light the charcoal, because there could be a fire ban, or (b) wear shorts, because it could be snowing.
3. Even if Safeway has a bogo on Quilted Northern toilet paper, don't use it, because mountain septic systems will barf it right back into your house!!!