New YouTube Channel: My Colorado Mountain Garden

17 Jan 2021 11:56 - 20 Jan 2021 16:12 #1 by HappyCamper
I have started a new YouTube channel called "My Colorado Mountain Garden" since covid is not going to allow me to do my free gardening classes I have decided to bring them to you virtually.

If you subscribe to the channel you can ask questions also if the videos help you please click the like button.

Early videos are getting you ready for starting seeds. I start my peppers Mid-February!!!!

Here is the link and Happy Gardening!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCTsH4K8g4USqzQXLn7kGLBg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2021 12:24 #2 by homeagain
GEE, I needed U 6 years ago.....I'm at just shy of 6,000ft.. TOTALLY different,I can start clean up in mid March and April is awesome, by the end of May,1st week of June it's mid 80's by 1030AM.....GREAT IDEA
for U mountain people...(looking forward to viewing projects,tho):groundhog:
The following user(s) said Thank You: HappyCamper

17 Jan 2021 16:26 #3 by HappyCamper
While I am at altitude much of what do bridges across I have a pretty good grow light set up so I can hold my plants inside while they get larger.

My grow set up in my basement can handle tomato plants that are 4 to 5 feet tall but I learned that this makes it difficult to get them acclimated outside before going into the greenhouse that is not heated.

17 Jan 2021 16:57 #4 by homeagain
Living in Alaska,I had a hothouse, tomatoes mostly, saladgarden and rhubarb....the chickweed was
wicked.....everyday it was a NEW patch appearing,it was tuff tearing the stuff out and have it back the next day.
Not much of a veggie gardener....but,here ,I am mostly shrubs and flowers....poor soil..claybase, so it is
a challenge....do still have deer wandering thru...sampling and spitting it out... always a challenge. My day
lilies are in need of a dire thinning......with this drought our water bill (MISS MY WELL) is always a shock.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HappyCamper

17 Jan 2021 19:36 #5 by HappyCamper
Living in Alaska well I do not know if I could do that except during the growing season.

I was the DBA for my company and we opened up and Environmental Lab there in 1994 I was there for two weeks and did a lot of exploring.

I will say not a lot of the workers there were willing to take me around so I was on my own. The gal I knew from our accounting department was there for the last weekend and we had a blast we took the train to Seward and on the way back to Anchorage we hit every tourist stop and all the people there were so nice.

I few of them fed use some strange Alaskan stuff.

It was fun someday I hope to go back with the hubby.

18 Jan 2021 07:14 #6 by homeagain
Let me think....it was summer, so U probably did not get to sample Eskimo ice cream ( whale blubber,blueberries, milk,vanilla (sometimes) and the major ingredient SNOW....if U had Halibut cheeks,
u would have been in heaven,"squaw candy"(that IS the term) which is air dried,smoked fish,bear roast
(not that great) ...salmon bake which tourist usually partake.....and of course moose burgers.

25 Jan 2021 19:35 #7 by HappyCamper
Just an FYI I have added more videos to my YouTube page all leading up to starting my peppers in February.

30 Jan 2021 18:40 #8 by HappyCamper
I am adding videos almost daily leading up to the official kick-off of my growing season which will be Mid-February when I start my Peppers.

Please remember to subscribe to the channel and if you click the bell icon you will know when I post new content.

Today's video covers some other items I like to have around for use with seedlings and in the garden.

31 Jan 2021 07:25 #9 by homeagain
Question? Do U only do hothouse gardening or outdoor gardens.....I am presently doing a project*when
the temps get warmer....we are building a divider berm...finished out about 6 or 7 feet tall...the length of our
.23acre. My vision is to make it look natural,big boulders, drought resistant (and I mean NO water)shrubs
we really do not have a method to water consistently....just what comes from the sky. Since we are in dire
drought across the state...I have NO clue how this is going to come out looking good....except for the
rocking. I do have a guy who is familiar with building berms and San Juan Gardens is the "go to" for
all things green.....so I do have some sources. Just picking your knowledge, IF U have time.

01 Feb 2021 11:10 #10 by HappyCamper
I have two greenhouses a hoop house my garlic, potatoes, and onions are in old horse troughs and raised beds in gound, not in the greenhouses.

Everything is on a drip system.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds