The Avengers: Infinity Wars

07 May 2015 23:07 - 07 May 2015 23:15 #1 by ScienceChic
Apparently, it's not too early for there to be news about the next Avengers movie which doesn't even drop until 2018. Works for me! :biggrin:

"Captain America" Scribes Markus & McFeely to Write "Avengers: Infinity War"
Albert Ching, Managing Editor
Posted: 8 hours ago

Marvel Studios' two-part "Avengers: Infinity War" has its writers: Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely, who have written all three "Captain America" films: 2011's "The First Avenger," 2014's "The Winter Soldier" and 2016's upcoming "Civil War."

"Infinity War" sees them re-team once again with directors Joe and Anthony Russo, who directed "Captain America: Winter Soldier" and are currently working on "Captain America: Civil War," which just started production.

Chris Evans Calls Captain America: Civil War ‘Set Up’ for Avengers: Infinity War
Spencer Perry
May 04, 2015

Though Avengers: Age of Ultron is still taking the world by storm, the attention is already on next year’s Captain America: Civil War , which will draw a line in the sand and divide the Marvel cinematic universe. Speaking with MTV, Captain America himself, Chris Evans, opened up about the movie calling it a set-up for the “real battle” in 2018 and 2019’s Avengers: Infinity War .

“It’s to jump off into the next Avengers, Infinity War,” Evans said. “So Cap 3 is going to be the set-up of the real battle, so there are a lot of people.”

In addition, Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson revealed that they know whose “side” they’ll be on for the conflict, but they wouldn’t divulge.

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ to Be Shot Entirely With Imax Cameras
Brent Lang
May 7, 2015

Anthony and Joe Russo, the directors of the two-part comic book adventure, will use a new 2D digital camera. As Variety first reported, that camera was produced by Imax and Arri, and is lighter in weight than Imax’s film cameras. The Russos are first out of the gate to use the 2D camera and will shoot 15 minutes of footage for their upcoming “Captain America: Civil War” with the technology.

Other major films have used Imax cameras for key action scenes such as the upcoming “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice” and last year’s “Interstellar,” which set a record by shooting more than an hour of footage with the technology.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Nov 2017 12:52 #2 by ScienceChic
The last 10 years of the MCU has led us to this pivotal moment - Infinity Wars Pt 1 & 2. While I am bouncing-off-the-walls excited about seeing these, I am also terrified because this is when beloved characters start getting killed off and it's the end of an era.

The first trailer has dropped. Black Panther comes out in a few months. After that, all hell breaks loose. Buckle up! :biggrin:

MCU Timeline Explained: From Infinity Stones to Infinity War and Beyond

Upcoming Superhero Movie Release Dates: From 2017 to 2021

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Jan 2018 15:58 #3 by ScienceChic
This cake is way too awesome to actually eat. B)

The 'Avengers: Infinity War' wrap cake has got people all worked up
By Isobel Hamilton
Jan 12, 2018
Okay, we're all officially hype-hungry fiends when a cake sends us spiralling into a whirlpool of speculation. And that's exactly what's happened.
https://twitter.com/Russo_Brothers/status/951568423213027334/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2F2018%2F01%2F12%2Favengers-infinity-war-wrap-cake%2F

Attachments:

06 Feb 2018 11:08 #4 by ScienceChic

Does 'Avengers: Infinity War's Super Bowl Spot Prove SPOILER's Fate?
By Adam Barnhardt - February 4, 2018

Thanks to the much-desired advertising spots within the broadcast of Super Bowl 52, we now have our second trailer for the highly-anticipated Avengers: Infinity War. The trailer featured many new shots of both the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, but one shot could spell out the fate for one of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's newest Avengers.

16 Mar 2018 07:43 - 16 Mar 2018 07:46 #5 by ScienceChic
Hot off the presses! The new trailer dropped 30min ago, check it out!

Avengers: Infinity War Trailer #2 Destroys the Marvel Universe

08 Apr 2018 17:56 #6 by ScienceChic
It is officially 18 days until the movie opens (showings start Thursday night!), and there are exactly 18 movies to re-watch in order to get ready for this epic conclusion to Phase 3 of the MCU! Start today and you can watch 1/day (or binge watch on the weekends). Unless, of course, you plan to also include the TV shows (in which case you might need to think about taking some vacation time for the next 2 weeks!) :biggrin:
In order:
  • IronMan (2008)
  • The Incredible Hulk (2008, with Edward Norton, not Eric Bana)
  • Iron Man 2 (2010)
  • Thor (2011)
  • Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
  • Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
  • Iron Man 3 (2013)
  • Thor: Dark World (2013)
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
  • Ant-Man (2015)
  • Captain America: Civil War (2016)
  • Doctor Strange (2016)
  • Guardians of the Galxay Vol. 2 (2017)
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
  • Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
  • Black Panther (2018)
  • Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

(Yes, I'm missing a couple at the end there - we bought digital copies rather than Blu-Ray discs)

Any thoughts on who you think won't make it out alive? And why was Hawkeye missing from the movie poster??

Future
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
  • Captain Marvel (2019)
  • Untitled Avengers film (2019)
  • Untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel (2019)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2020)

Attachments:

13 Apr 2018 17:59 #7 by ScienceChic

YAAASSSSSS!!!!! :biggrin: :captamerica :spidey:

School nights have made it hard to keep up with the schedule so we're on Captain America for tonight. So far, I've really enjoyed Iron Man and Iron Man 2. I will say I think those two have the best opening sequences of any Marvel movie. The movies themselves were fun, engaging, humorous, kept a good pace, and had great stories to tell. Thor was decent but not as good, nor was The Incredible Hulk (but I will never turn down an opportunity to watch Edward Norton). :drool:

Attachments:

14 Apr 2018 14:34 #8 by ScienceChic
By and large I agree with this list; however, I think Drax is likely to bite it. Like Nebula, he has stated a vow to kill Thanos and he's none too shy about rushing stupidly into situations where he's over his head. I also wouldn't be surprised if Doctor Strange was killed as he's also wearing an Infinity Stone.

I think Cap and Vision are definite. Thor, Black Widow, and War Machine are very possible; Falcon or Bucky maybe (one of Cap's sidekicks has to take up his mantle, and they're grooming Bucky as White Wolf). Hawkeye will retire to be home with his family (at least I hope so; I'll be pissed if they kill him), especially if the Widow is offed.

I really hope we get to see Fury and Coulson showing up with SHIELD and Inhumans for the fight, but that might be #4.

So, who's going to die in 'Avengers: Infinity War'?
By Angie Han
1 day ago

Image: Marvel Studios

Yeah, yeah, we know: Anyone can die in Avengers: Infinity War.

The Marvel marketing machine has been in overdrive promising death and destruction to fans of the franchise, with screenwriter Stephen McFeely promising, "It’s safe to say we will say farewell to people."

But let's be real. We all know some of these heroes are safer than others. Some of these heroes have run their course, and are played by actors who seem ready to get off the MCU train. Others are just getting started, and already have sequels on the calendar.

All that said, we're dying to know who's dying in this one. So we've put together our best educated guesses, based on our obsessive knowledge of these characters, their movies, and the circumstances surrounding them. Here they are, roughly in order from least to most likely to bite the dust in Infinity War.

Attachments:

26 Apr 2018 11:38 #9 by ScienceChic
In our journey of re-watching all of the movies, a quote in the Avengers: Age of Ultron jumped out at me. It was during the scene in which Nick Fury surprises Tony in the barn.

Tony: Watching all your friends die, you'd think that would be the worst part, hm? Nope, it wasn't.
Fury: No, it was that you didn't.

Why Iron Man needs to die in 'Avengers: Infinity War'
By Jess Joho
Apr 17, 2018

Let's get the bad news out of the way: your boy Iron Man is probably gonna die in Avengers: Infinity War. But the good news is, he probably should die.

Meanwhile, Shuri seems like a natural fit to take over Tony's role as tech support for the MCU heroes. Her genius technology makes that white boy colonizer's gadgets look like a bad elementary school science fair project. Plus, she can do it all with four times the charm and style.

With all these newer, younger heroe coming up, Tony is starting to feel more like the wizened old mentor archetype in every hero story, a la Obi-Wan in Star Wars or Dumbledore in Harry Potter. And – spoiler alert – those characters always die. They need to, so that their pupils can grow into themselves.

We're not the only ones who want to see Iron Man's blood in the water. Robert Downey Jr. himself has been talking about retiring the role since 2013 (that's all the way back before Iron Man 3).

In a GQ interview, he questioned, "How many genre movies can I do? How many follow-ups to a successful follow-up are actually fun?" He then questioned the horrifying idea of being a fifty-year-old superhero — and for those keeping track, the actor is now fifty-three years old.

We've made it through Doctor Strange, 4 more to go before our Saturday date with the Avengers!

Spoiler-free reviews are starting to trickle out.
Big Eyes Has Infinite Feels about INFINITY WAR - Spoiler Free!
By Big Eyes, AintItCoolNews
April 25, 2018

Marvel has done it again, I just didn’t think it was possible for them to keep up this pace of just churning out one good movie after another--holy heck, you guys. I went into the theater with the thought in my mind that there were going to be too many characters fighting for screen time, and it was going to be too much action, resulting in just a boring mess. I was so, so wrong. This movie will make you feel things. I know the hype of BLACK PANTHER is just barely starting to die off, but I can say pretty easily that INFINITY WAR was the better movie.

The reviews for 'Avengers: Infinity War' are in and it's a free-for-all
By Jess Joho
1 day ago

It's the movie that was ten years in the making, packed with literally too many stars and heroes to count. But does it live up to all that hype?

Overall, the reviews are — in one word — breathless. In two words: breathless and/or exhausted. Clearly, Marvel brought all its game to this epic final battle. Some were more wary than others (I guess 19 movies will do that to any franchise, even Marvel). But while everyone had their own individual critiques and flaws to point out, the general agreement is that you will not be disappointed.

'Avengers: Infinity War' is less than the sum of its parts
by Angie Han

And one with some spoilers:
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Review-Dannie loves Thanos!
Published at: April 25, 2018, 4:09 p.m. CST by Pekosa Peligrosa

Yesterday, I had the joy of seeing a sneak press screening of "AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR", strap in for a SPOILER filled review. However, I will do my best to not give the whole show away. Proceed with caution, spoilers ahead!

28 Apr 2018 19:59 - 28 Apr 2018 20:00 #10 by ScienceChic
Last night we finally finished all of the Marvel movies that were out on DVD and this morning went to Black Panther (DH for the 1st time, me the 2nd, Lil Science Chic for the 3rd time, Science Dude for the 4th - first time any of us have ever done a repeat of a move still in the theatre). After a break for lunch and stopping by a nonprofit plant sale, we went back to the theatre for Avengers: Infinity War. It was time to witness the end of an era.

And now I'm royally pissed off.

I won't ruin anything for you with spoilers. It's well-paced, every scene sets up the story and moves it along. It's got humor and our favorite characters playing off one another so wonderfully in magnificent scenery.

But, for me, the ending sucked. I will hide this next, because while I won't go into details, I am going to give away some of the plot.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

It's worth seeing on the IMAX screen if you're going to go. Honestly though, I recommend hitting Black Panther instead.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds