What are the best cable companies?

25 Sep 2018 21:42 #1 by ConradFam
I am closing on my house in Bailey in a couple of days. I have everything lined up and have decided on Centurylink for internet, but have no idea for cable. Of course Centurylink is trying to get me to do Directv but I'm not sure. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Sep 2018 23:34 #2 by ScienceChic
I'm a DISH Network fan myself (they have a Hawaiian music channel that is divine) :) but that and DirecTV are pretty much your options other than CenturyLink's cable.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Sep 2018 15:13 #3 by ConradFam
Thank you! I knew about Directv but wanted to make sure I knew of other options before jumping into it. I guess now I just need to see what is the best fit for my family. :)

06 Oct 2018 07:56 #4 by ConradFam
SO....no Directv out here! the guy came yesterday and there is no good line of sight! And since our roof is metal they can't mount one there. He told me maybe Dish would work because sometimes they can mount to a tree which I didn't know you could to! He explained why Directv can't do it but I didn't really understand. LOL. I might just do streaming. I have one Firestick and need another one. I bought some kind of antenna in Florida too because I was planning on going cable free but never did it! LOL. Now is my chance! I am not too upset. I knew this would be a "lifestyle". Gotta say I was surprised to wake up to a dusting of snow in October!! Even the 13 years I lived in Ohio I didn't see snow this early We did get it towards the end of October there. Ok,I will stop rambling.. ;)

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds