Verifying your business Facebook page is important for giving your business page the authenticity it needs for possible customers to trust you as an accredited business. Before we get to telling you how to apply for this, you first need to understand the difference between the grey and blue badges.
The grey badge next to a company's name, is for a business to highlight their authenticity, while the blue badge is only available for eligible brands, media organizations and public figures.
In order to begin the process of getting verified, you need to:
- Click "Settings" at the top of the Home Facebook page
- From "General", select "Page Verification"
- Then click "Verify this page"
- It will then bring you to a page that will ask you to enter your work phone number and then Facebook will call you and an automated message will give you a 4-digit code that you will then enter into the box titled "Verification Code".
- If Facebook recognizes your phone number, you will be verified, if not, it will direct you to a page that will ask you for some documents to prove you are who you say you are.
- To verify your page with documents, you will need to provide an official document showing your business's name and address. Here are some of the approved documents which can be used in this process:
- Business utility or phone bill
- Business license
- Business tax file
- Certificate of formation
- Articles of incorporation
- Once you upload and send one of these documents, your page will be verified after Facebook reviews it.
These easy steps will insure that your business will get the public authenticity that it needs to shoot to the top!