I like bacon.

30 Aug 2014 20:09 #11 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic I like bacon.
Did you know that today was International Bacon Day? Who knew? B)

From Chef Jimmy Boswell's Facebook Page

International Bacon Day
By Eatocracy Editors
updated 9:32 AM EDT, Sat August 30, 2014

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Aug 2014 20:50 #12 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic I like bacon.

ScienceChic wrote: Did you know that today was International Bacon Day? Who knew? B)

From Chef Jimmy Boswell's Facebook Page

International Bacon Day
By Eatocracy Editors
updated 9:32 AM EDT, Sat August 30, 2014

:woohoo: I was not aware! I'll have to fry up a couple of pounds of bacon RIGHT NOW!!!!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

30 Aug 2014 21:30 #13 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic I like bacon.
This time of year I always have big tomatoes from the garden so I make a BLT or two almost every day until the tomatoes are gone. Then I never have another one again until next year. But I never stop eating bacon.

I invented a new Bronco snack:

egg roll wrapper> thick crispy applewood bacon> jack cheese> roasted green chili strip> 1 medium to large shrimp split> more bacon> egg the edges and roll> fry to crispy

Dip in green chile or sour cream or whatever or nothing

Would also make a great chimichanga in a big tortilla with some seared ribeye :barbeque:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Aug 2014 21:41 #14 by otisptoadwater

Rick wrote: This time of year I always have big tomatoes from the garden so I make a BLT or two almost every day until the tomatoes are gone. Then I never have another one again until next year. But I never stop eating bacon.

I invented a new Bronco snack:

egg roll wrapper> thick crispy applewood bacon> jack cheese> roasted green chili strip> 1 medium to large shrimp split> more bacon> egg the edges and roll> fry to crispy

Dip in green chile or sour cream or whatever or nothing

Would also make a great chimichanga in a big tortilla with some seared ribeye :barbeque:

SOUNDS AWESOME! I'll have to try that out!

In the meanwhile how about this? Thanksgiving isn't that far away, consider it material for planning the main meal...

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Dec 2014 13:24 #15 by ScienceChic
I am going to have to try these!

12 Bacon Hacks That Will Take Your Weekend Brunch to a Whole New Level
Lucia Peters, @luciapeters
2 months ago

2. Baked Bacon Egg Cups

Got a muffin tin? Good. Grab it. Take your raw bacon and curl it up in each cup so that you’ve essentially made yourself a set of bacon cupcake liners; then crack an egg in each one. Add some herbs if you like, or don’t — totally up to you. Bake the whole thing, and lo! From the depths of your oven emerge these gorgeous breakfast bites.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

24 Feb 2015 22:01 #16 by ScienceChic
I have a feeling that I would not like bacon much after doing something like this. :ohmy: :sick:

22-year old sets bacon-eating record: 182 pieces in 5 minutes
By Brian Koerber
2/23/15

You may love bacon, but the thought of eating six pounds of the pork product is enough to make anyone sick.

Anyone except competitive eater Matt "Megatoad" Stonie, who has snagged another award — this time for eating 182 slices of bacon (approximately 6 lbs) in five minutes at the Daytona 500 in Florida on Sunday, Huffington Post reports. The event was sponsored by Smithfield bacon.

According to CompetitveEaters.com, the previous unofficial record was set by Mark "The Human Vacuum" Lyle, who ate just 54 pieces in five minutes.

18 Apr 2015 16:51 #17 by otisptoadwater
****URGENT ALL POINTS BULLETIN****

Wanted for crimes against humanity and bacon, the persons responsible for bringing this product to the commercial market:

18 Apr 2015 22:19 #18 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic I like bacon.
One of hubby's gift for Xmas 2014 was a 6 month membership to the bacon of the month club it is great I have enjoyed it as much as him.

Some of our favorites have be Jalapeno, Lemon Pepper, and who would of though Sundried Tomato.

Last batch had BBQ and it was also excellent the only sad part is that we only get two pounds a month and when we have to by regular bacon it is a bit of a disappointment.

06 Jul 2015 21:30 #19 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic I like bacon.
"Bacon is linked to long life.

World's oldest person, 116, eats diet of bacon and eggs

Susannah Mushatt Jones is one of only two people left alive who were born in the 1800s

She is one of only two living people in the world who was born in the 1800s - and puts her longevity down to eating bacon and eggs every morning for over a century. "...

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/north...-bacon-and-eggs.html

19 Sep 2015 13:38 #20 by Wicked
Replied by Wicked on topic I like bacon.
Praise Bacon!

We raise money for charity and are striving to be the most generous church in the world.
We perform legal weddings, always for free. How joyful!
We expose religious privileges as silly by claiming the same rights for Bacon.
Praise Bacon If you prefer to praise Vegetarian Bacon or Turkey Bacon that is fine!

We now have over 12,000 members from around the world and have performed hundreds of weddings. Join us! Raise your voice in protest, and to Praise Bacon!

unitedchurchofbacon.org/

Now this is a church whose teachings I could digest. :barbeque: :like:

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds