Return Of The Winter Park Ski Train?

26 Feb 2015 13:05 #1 by FredHayek
Per the Denver Post today, it looks like Amtrak will be running a train in March up to Winter Park. If Amtrak likes what they see, they will bring back seasonal service.

I would love to see this, reduce traffic and a train just makes sense to visit ski areas. Might even work for hikers and mountain bikers in the summer.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Mar 2015 14:13 #2 by FredHayek
The first ski train trip sold out in 12 hours so Amtrak added another. This sold out in only four hours. Seems to be a demand.

03 Mar 2015 18:25 #3 by otisptoadwater
I hope that's a sign that the Ski Train will be back!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

03 Mar 2015 22:10 #4 by ScienceChic
Nice! I think it's a great idea - I'd much rather not deal with driving in all that traffic myself if I headed up to ski on a regular basis. The environmentalist in me celebrates the fewer emissions with less cars driving. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Mar 2015 07:27 - 04 Mar 2015 07:28 #5 by FredHayek
Might be a great way to introduce the new Union Station and Amtrak to the locals.
Used to take the train up tubing as a kid, don't want to say how old I am, but it only cost $6 for the tubing all day pass.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds