Local Foothills Weather Forecasts

10 Jun 2015 10:06 #1 by Chief Meteorologist

My Mountain Town Weather

From Meteorologist Steve Hamilton
Morrison | Conifer | Evergreen |  Pine | Bailey | Fairplay | Jefferson-Como | Alma | Lake George & Guffey | Hartsel

Just A Few Showers For The Weekend...

We will have a slight chance of showers or thunderstorms on Friday afternoon, but otherwise mostly fair and breezy. The weekend starts with mostly
dry weather, with a southwesterly jet stream flow. But, some afternoon showers and thunderstorms may still pop up over the foothills. Wind will stay
breezy to gusty. Temperatures will stay near normal through the weekend, although it will be a bit warmer Sunday. There won't be a lot of moist air
to work with, so any showers or thunderstorms will be widely scattered Sunday afternoon. One of the big features this weekend will be gusty wind, up
to 50 mph for some of the higher elevations. Breezy for most of the foothills.

Morrison

Friday: Sunny, except for a slight chance of an afternoon shower or thunderstorm. Windy. High: Upper 60s.

Friday Night: A shower or thunderstorm possible. Partly cloudy and windy. Low: Upper 30s.

Saturday: Cloudy with scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. High: Mid 60s.

Saturday Night: Some clouds. A few showers possible before midnight. Low: Mid 40s.

Sunday: Mix of sun and clouds, and gusty wind. High: Mid 70s.

Conifer

Friday: A few showers or thunderstorms possibly. Gusty wind. High: Upper 50s.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy with a few rain or snow showers. Low: 30.

Saturday: Partly sunny. Scattered afternoon thunderstorms or showers. High: Mid 50s.

Saturday Night: A few showers possible. Low: Mid 30s.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Windy.

Evergreen

Friday: Windy, with a few afternoon thunderstorms possible. High: 60.

Friday Night: A few rain or snow showers. Breezy. Low: 30.

Saturday: Cloudy, with scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. High: Mid 50s.

Saturday Night: Some clouds, and a few showers. Low: Upper 30s.

Sunday: Mix of sun and clouds, with gusty wind. High: Upper 60s.

Pine

Friday: Partly to mostly sunny. Windy. High: Lower 60s.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy and breezy. Low: Lower 30s.

Saturday: Scattered showers and afternoon thunderstorms. High: 60. Breezy.

Saturday Night: Cloudy with a few showers possible. Low: 40.

Sunday: Mix of sun and clouds, and windy. High: Upper 60s.

Bailey

Friday: Partly to mostly sunny, and gusty wind. High: Upper 50s.

Friday Night: Some clouds. Low: 30. Breezy.

Saturday: Scattered showers, and breezy. High: Upper 50s.

Saturday Night: Cloudy with a few showers possible. Low: Upper 30s.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 65. Very windy.

Fairplay

Friday: Sunny and windy. High: Upper 40s.

Friday Night: Mostly clear and gusty. Low: Mid 20s.

Saturday: Scattered showers, mixing with snow early. High: 50. Breezy.

Saturday Night: A few rain or snow showers. Low: 30.

Sunday: Mix of sun and clouds, and windy. High: Lower 50s.

Como And Jefferson

Friday: Sunny and windy. High: Upper 40s.

Friday Night: Mostly clear. Gusty wind. Low: Mid 20s.

Saturday: Few rain and snow showers early, then afternoon rain showers. Breezy. High: 50.

Saturday Night: A few rain or snow showers possible. Low: 30.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 53. Very windy.

Alma

Friday: Mostly sunny. Gusty wind. High: Mid 40s.

Friday Night: Mostly clear and breezy. Low: Mid 20s.

Saturday: Scattered rain and snow showers early, then afternoon rain showers. Windy. High: Upper 40s.

Saturday Night: Snow showers possible. Breezy. Low: 30.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. Windy.

Lake George And Guffey

Friday: Sunny and windy. High: 60.

Friday Night: Some clouds. Gusty wind. Low: 30.

Saturday: Cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Breezy. High: 60.

Saturday Night: Cloudy. Scattered showers. Breezy. Low: Lower 30s.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 67. Windy.

Hartsel

Friday: Sunny and windy. High: Mid 50s.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy and breezy. Low: Upper 20s.

Saturday: Scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Gusty wind. High: Upper 50s.

Saturday Night: A few showers before midnight. Breezy. Lower 30s.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 60. Windy.

FB 3 28 2017Steve Hamiltonis a meteorologist based in Denver. He is certified by the American Meteorological Society and the National Weather Association. Steve embraced meteorology at age nine, when Hurricane Agnes roared across his home town in New Jersey. He moved to Denver, Colorado with his family in 1979, graduating from Columbine High School in Littleton in 1980. Steve has a BS in Mass Media from Colorado State University. In 2009 he obtained a Certificate of Meteorology from Mississippi State University, and a certification from the American Meteorological Society. He is continuing his education remotely through Penn State University. He is a lead meteorologist for The Storm Report, Inc., delivering weather forecasts via radio, podcasts and internet media, daily.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jun 2015 12:55 - 22 Jun 2015 13:01 #2 by HappyCamper
This is great I am so glad to know we have our own Meteorologist.

Maybe he can tell me when it will rain in Bailey so the pine pollen will go away. People tell me I live in the banana belt but have yet to see a banana tree :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyMountainTown

22 Jun 2015 13:31 #3 by NeutralGuy
So, where will the forecasts be posted in this forum or on a special page?

Storm chasers fascinate me maybe you could share some of the photos you get or maybe videos!

22 Jun 2015 14:02 #4 by ScienceChic
Great question NeutralGuy! Steve will be posting his forecasts on our new Super Local Weather Forecasts page here: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic/super-local-weather which can be found in the drop-down menu that opens up when you click on Weather & Traffic in the menu across the very top of the page (or you can bookmark it!).

I too would love to see some photos and/or video while storm-chasing!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Jun 2015 14:54 #5 by FredHayek
Welcome aboard! (pun intended.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

22 Jun 2015 17:15 - 22 Jun 2015 17:15 #6 by HappyCamper
I have a real question...Where in Bailey is the temp reading coming from?

I am only asking as it says 73 right now and both my manual and digital thermometer are saying 80 they are on the back side of the house so the sun is not hitting them.

This is mostly a curiosity thing I know temps can be different depending on altitude and all that.

22 Jun 2015 18:14 #7 by ScienceChic
Do you mean the current temp that is displayed on the left-hand side of the Home & weather pages? If so, that's from Weather Underground; I have no idea where they measure it.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Jun 2015 18:44 #8 by HappyCamper
Yes, that was what I was looking at and that is good to hear Weatherunderground as that is what I typically use seems to be the closest.

29 Jun 2015 08:29 #9 by jf1acai
According to my calendar, the week of June 22 is past. What happened to the forecasts? ;)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

29 Jun 2015 12:57 #10 by ScienceChic
Unfortunately, Steve had some family health stuff come up. If everyone could send good positive healing thoughts to his family, it would be much appreciated. He's hoping to start this week, but I told him to not worry as family comes first. I'll keep you posted when he's ready! Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds