IS THERE A BETTER THREAD FOR THIS POSTING?

08 Apr 2023 09:20 #1 by ramage
Other social media sites that cover the Mountains have had multiple comments regarding delivery of mail and packages, involving FedEx, UPS, and the USPS.
It appears that FedEx is the greatest culprit, at least by the numbers of comments. I offer this advice, having had documents and packages, carried by FedEx, left at the street,(1/4 mile away from the house, which is not visible from the street, we have resorted to posting a sign, at the confluence of the driveway and street that says:
Any Packages left there will be considered as non-delivered. FedEx will be notified as well as the shipper. (even though an email has been received stating that the package was delivered.) This has been effective with FedEx thus far.

The USPS is another story. A certified, return receipt required, mailing, was sent on Feb 24th. Here is its current status (from USPS Tracking):
Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
BALTIMORE MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 2, 2023, 1:43 am
Moving Through Network
In Transit, Arriving Late
March 6, 2023
I was told by the Postmistress that there is no recourse with the government and was advised not to use certified mail in the future. Advice that I have since heeded.
The USPS issue is not one peculiar to the Mountains, rather it speaks to the competence of the people that work in distribution and shipping.

As indicated in the title, I could not find a suitable tread for this comment. Who knows perhaps it is controversial.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Apr 2023 15:46 #2 by FredHayek
Customer service has been declining since the pandemic. Sad to see it that bad, even with private shippers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Apr 2023 09:16 #3 by ScienceChic
There is not a thread on this issue as far as I know, thank you for starting one. It's been a long-standing problem compounded by insufficient postal and private shipping company staff, private company deliveries with drivers who don't know the mountains well and who don't take care to deliver properly to homes with long driveways and more challenging weather conditions than in the city, and increasing home deliveries (especially because of COVID).

Incidentally, I have moved this topic into The Campfire, which is the subforum for area discussion that isn't politics.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds