× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town 2014 Pick 5 Contest!

09 Sep 2014 18:08 #71 by LOL

Reverend Revelant wrote: The Bible speaks against the ills of gambling. Begone with this idle falderol.

Ha! I breathe defiance to thine ears oh Irrelevant one!

From wikerpedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambling

"Gambling is the wagering of money or something of material value (referred to as "the stakes") on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning additional money and/or material goods. Gambling thus requires three elements be present: consideration, chance and prize"

Since this friendly contest requires no "consideration" or "stakes" element, it is hence therefore not gambling... my fair misinformed gorbellied tardy-gaited horn-beast! Be not lost so poorly in your thoughts! Begone you whoreson mandrake, thou art not fit enough to wait at my heels. Were I like thee I'd throw away myself. :)

LOL and Shakespeare

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Sep 2014 20:06 #72 by swansei
Thanks Renegade.

Week 2
Pittsburgh
Minnesota
Tennessee
Seattle
Philly

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

09 Sep 2014 22:13 - 09 Sep 2014 22:13 #73 by ScienceChic
Thank you SO much Renegade! I was out running around selling Tourism Map ads all day today and I totally appreciate you getting to this. You rock!

I remembered while listening to the games yesterday (and realizing I wasn't going to do so well) that the first week was rough last year too, since the teams have to settle into their comfort zone with each of their teammates, and we have to get used to how good/bad they are this year, not how good/bad they were last year. Learning curves are so much fun. Not. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Sep 2014 20:48 #74 by swansei
It was fun. Had no idea what I was doing and now I think I get the picture after reviewing the wins, losses, ties. Still guessing as there are so many factors to consider.

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

11 Sep 2014 09:51 #75 by pineinthegrass
Pittsburgh
Miami
Atlanta
Arizona
New Orleans

11 Sep 2014 12:54 - 11 Sep 2014 15:54 #76 by archer
Arizona
Tennessee
Indy
Atlanta
San Francisco

11 Sep 2014 18:07 #77 by LOL

RenegadeCJ wrote: Week 2 Opening Spreads
www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx
Thursday, Sept 11
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore -2.5

Sunday, Sept 14
New Orleans @ Cleveland +6
Atlanta @ Cincinnati -4
New England @ Minnesota +3.5
Detroit @ Carolina -3
Miami @ Buffalo PICKUM
Jacksonville @ Washington -7
Arizona @ NY Giants -2
Dallas @ Tennessee -3.5
Seattle @ San Diego +5.5
St Louis @ Tampa Bay -3.5
Kansas City @ Denver -12
Houston @ Oakland +3
NY Jets @ Green Bay -9
Chicago @ San Francisco -7.5

Monday Sept 15
Philly @ Indy -2.5

Hmmmmm :popcorn:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

12 Sep 2014 19:38 #78 by Rick
Week 2

Seattle
Indy
San Fran
Green Bay
and of course, :mane: :mane: :mane: by 17! Denver

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Sep 2014 11:54 #79 by JMC
Bills
Bengals
chargers
j ville
Carolina

13 Sep 2014 15:39 #80 by Blondie
Week 2
New orleans
Arizona
St Louis
Kansas City :godenver: :scaredfaint
San Francisco

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds