× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

NASCAR

28 Apr 2020 16:38 #1 by ramage
NASCAR was created by ramage
The Charlotte 600 will be run in May. Good news for NASCAR fans who watch it on TV not so good for those who wanted to attend the race, as it will be run without fans in the stands.
But,
Here is the kicker:
" Most teams are based in the Charlotte area and are expected to return to work this week as essential businesses. Cooper last week extended North Carolina’s stay-at-home order through May 8."
AP.com 4/28/20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2020 09:53 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic NASCAR
I am a little surprised by this. I expected the NBA to do this first. You need much less staff to play NBA games, a few referees, a few coaches, and 11 players per team. NASCAR races have forty teams and forty employees per team. They will require much more tests. Will the teams be quarantined in hotels away from families until the seasons are over?

Possibly one reason NASCAR moved faster: The drivers are paid by sponsors and for winning. They aren't earning money for their sponsors with the cars locked away in garages. And they can't win that way either. 

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds