× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

ULTIMATE HYPOCRISY

23 Aug 2020 07:17 #1 by ramage
ULTIMATE HYPOCRISY was created by ramage
Big Ten Commissioner Berates Police, Ends All Sports in the League for 2020 Due to COVID But Is OK with His Son Playing Ball In the SEC
gatewaypundit.com 8/23/20

"Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren says no sports through the end of the year due to safety concerns. But… it’s ok for his son to play ball at Mississippi state.
The Big Ten named Kevin Warren the Commissioner of the league last June. They probably didn’t see that this political hack would end all sports for the second half of 2020 when they did. Warren is supposed to oversee sports for the league, not kill them."

The whole article is worth your time.
It appears that the philosophy, "we are going to have to burn down the village to save the people" is the driving force.
The politicalization of sports on the professional and collegiate level is shameful and sad. I used to think that it was bad enough in the entertainment industry. Little did I know that sports and healthcare ( see frequent posts in the Courthouse) would go down the same hole (toilet).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Aug 2020 09:54 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ULTIMATE HYPOCRISY
I think a lot of these shutdowns are liability motivated. Universities are really concerned they will be sued if student athletes get Covid-19 or even worse pass the Wuhan Flu onto others on campus and in the community.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Aug 2020 15:01 #3 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic ULTIMATE HYPOCRISY
No doubt there is concern re: liability. However, the SEC, ACC, BIG 12, Notre Dame are going to be playing. Parents of football players in the Big 10 have commenced a lawsuit against the schools. It is to late to transfer but I can imagine that many potential high draft picks from the Big 10 and PAC 12 are chafing at the bit. They are watching their draft value decreasing and not able to do anything about it.
I think that the Big 10 and PAC 12 will reassess their position and have at least a partial season. The kids are still practicing, just in case.

24 Aug 2020 11:38 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ULTIMATE HYPOCRISY

ramage wrote: No doubt there is concern re: liability. However, the SEC, ACC, BIG 12, Notre Dame are going to be playing. Parents of football players in the Big 10 have commenced a lawsuit against the schools. It is to late to transfer but I can imagine that many potential high draft picks from the Big 10 and PAC 12 are chafing at the bit. They are watching their draft value decreasing and not able to do anything about it.
I think that the Big 10 and PAC 12 will reassess their position and have at least a partial season. The kids are still practicing, just in case.

It is too dangerous to play ten games in the Fall but not dangerous to have five practices a week, twice a day? Logic be dammed!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds