× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

4A girls lacrosse: Evergreen makes history winning first title in new classifica

28 Jun 2021 21:03 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
4A girls lacrosse: Evergreen makes history winning first title in new classification
By Dennis Pleuss, CHSAA Now on June 23, 2021

AURORA — Rachel Sanford knew when she took over Evergreen’s girls lacrosse program three years ago the Cougars could win a state championship.

“It’s crazy,” Evergreen senior Margo Miller said. “Rachel (Sanford) when she first came to our school she looked at the (trophy) wall and said one day you are going to be state champs. I was a sophomore then and we all kind of laughed, but today is that day.”

Top-seeded Evergreen finished off its historic season by winning the first-ever Class 4A girls lacrosse state championship Wednesday night at Legacy Stadium in Aurora. The Cougars took a 19-5 victory over No. 10 Castle View.

Evergreen becomes the first Jeffco Public School to ever win a girls lacrosse state title.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jul 2021 08:58 #2 by ramage

13 Jul 2021 15:04 #3 by FredHayek

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds