× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Broke Ballers: 11 Athletes Who Threw Away Their Million-Doll

29 May 2010 05:13 #1 by Robynabc
http://www.streetlevel.com/2010/05/26/b ... ms_ss=digg

This is a bummer. It is sad to see celebrities and athletes mess this up. I can see how it could happen.

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle.
But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."
. Marilyn Monroe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 May 2010 06:15 #2 by Rockdoc
I'm surprised to not find many more who have no concept of needs for the future. The idiotic things they did to loose their fortunes are not reserved for high profile people. For every one of them who screws up their life, there are hundreds or thousands of less fortunate people who do the same. Got a gambling or drinking, addiction, insatiable desire for more than one can afford, borrow without common sense, etc. and it's gone.

No I have little sympathy here for most. Addicts have a medical problem foe which there may be help, as long as they are willing. No matter how much good advice foolish high profile people are given, their ego and ignorance prevents them from saving themselves. I'd like to think it is their destiny, much like it is for so many others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds