COFA Gun Cleaning and Maintenance 101 Wed June 7th-6:00 to 8:00 PM

31 May 2023 07:10 #1 by DrMike
COFA Gun Cleaning and Maintenance 101 – Wed, June 7th – 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM

On Wednesday evening, June 7th, COFA will be hosting a Gun Cleaning and Maintenance Class from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the COFA Green Barn. The address is 8660 South Fairall Road, Morrison CO 80465.

Click the following link to register: cofausa.org/civicrm/event/register/?id=213&reset=1

How many of you have never cleaned your gun or don’t have a clue how to? There are many reasons why people own and use firearms regularly. Many use their guns for sport. Sport can include hunting in order to provide your own food and can also include competitive shooting.

Many own firearms for self-defense. Although they hope to never use it this way, they need to use their guns regularly in controlled environments, like a gun range, to stay proficient and up to date.

Others own firearms for recreation. Whatever your preferred use, it’s important to follow gun cleaning safe practices to keep your firearms in the best condition. This ensures reliability and longevity.

Having this knowledge will make you a more effective shooter, a better hunter, and a more competent gun owner. It will also increase your sense of ownership and responsibility when it comes to owning and using firearms.

Increased gun Safety is key to make sure you know how your gun works. By learning each step of dismantling, cleaning, and reassembling your gun, you’ll gain confidence.

Here are some common questions people ask during many of our classes:
*How often should my gun be cleaned?
*After how many rounds should I clean my gun?
*How long can a gun sit before cleaning?
*What is the most important thing to remember when cleaning guns?
*Does cleaning my gun affect its accuracy?
*How many shots does it take to foul a barrel?
*Can you leave a gun dirty?
*Does getting a gun wet ruin it?
*How often should I clean my hunting rifle?
*Do I need to clean my rifle after every use?
*What happens if you never clean your gun?
*Wondering why you should clean your gun?

Here is an opportunity to learn how to clean your gun and make sure it’s in good condition. This is a hands-on class, and you may bring your personal firearm, without ammunition, to learn how to clean it. ABSOLUTELY NO AMMUNITION WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES.

Register by clicking here: cofausa.org/civicrm/event/register/?id=213&reset=1

For more information on COFA's gun cleaning evening, contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., 303.880.9878, or Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., 303.909.3707. COFA volunteers in this class are not gunsmiths, but experienced Hunter Safety Education instructors and gun enthusiasts.

COFA is an All-Volunteer, non-denominational, designated 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your tax-deductible suggested donation of $25 goes toward training materials/equipment and is greatly appreciated!

When: June 7th, 2023 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM

COFA TRAINING FACILITY
MORRISON, CO 80465-2521

Contact
Phone: (303) 880-9878
Phone: (303) 909-3707
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Event Donation: $25.00

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds