Make someone's day by listen and your kind words!

06 Nov 2023 15:06 #1 by DrMike
Have you ever wondered if you make a difference in someone's life? How a smile can be encouraging to someone who has given up, maybe asking how someone's day is going, or a kind word? Yes, it may make us uncomfortable, but take time out of your busy day and be that light someone needs in a dark world.

“Today, I went to Dunkin’ Donuts and saw a clearly homeless guy sitting on the side of the road and picking up change.

Eventually, I saw him stroll into Dunkin Donuts; as he was counting his change to buy something, I began to get super annoyed and talked to him repeatedly, even when he didn’t really want to talk. Since he had maybe $1 in change, I bought him a coffee and bagel and asked him to sit down with me.

He told me a lot about how people are usually very mean to him because he’s homeless, how drugs turned him into the person he hated, how he lost his mom to cancer, how he never knew his dad, and he just wants to be someone his mom would be proud of (along with another hour worth of conversation.)

This man's name was Chris, and Chris was one of the most honest & sincere people I’ve ever met. After realizing I really need to get back to class Chris asked me to wait so he can write something down for me. Handing me a crumpled-up receipt, he apologized for having shaky handwriting, smiled, and left. I opened his note, and this was it. ‘I wanted to kill myself today, because of u I now do not. Thank u, beautiful person.’“

Credit goes to the respective owner
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds