How to save a wet mobile phone - and what not to do

21 May 2013 23:34 #1 by ScienceChic
Good info in here, I only hope that I remember all of it if I ever do something like this! :)

How to save a wet mobile phone - and what not to do
By Mat Greenfield on 16 August 2012

Dropped your handset in the bath? Fumbled your phone and plopped it in the loo? Don't panic -- just follow these steps and you'll have a good chance of breathing life back into your drowned smart phone. And check out the 'What not to do' section for some useful mythbusting.

File Attachment:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2013 07:36 #2 by FredHayek
Good info. My coworker just got his MP3 soaked on a bike ride I will have to give him this info.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Apr 2016 18:24 - 13 Apr 2016 18:25 #3 by YourComputerCompanion
My son dropped his Iphone in the toilet. Ugghh. Then he let it sit in rice for a couple of days. Walla, it works again. There were some lines in the screen (I believe they were caused by the LCD not having all the pixels available). After a couple of more days, the lines disappeared. Rice is a great fix.

I think it is also aided by the low humidity level in Colorado. That works in our favor too.

Bob Glassman
Your Computer Companion
Computer Consulting & Support Services
We are there when you need us!
Address: 13700 US Highway 285 #108 Pine, CO 80470
Phone: 303-330-0252 Office
Phone: 303-941-7142 Mobile

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds