Spell checker for Chrome help

14 Dec 2014 12:06 #1 by Blazer Bob
I was downloading something that seemed safe and free and it came bundeled with some broser that hijacked my computer to be come the default broeser. In removing that I lost my real time underline mssspelled words ass I tyupe them checker.

I need to replace it so I can post again without feer. I am gunshy because of the last bad experience donloading free "safe" sftware. suggestions pleaxe.

I am posting this w/o any proof reading so u can see how baddlly I knead it.

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2014 12:31 #2 by pacamom
Doesn't chrome have a built in spell checker?

14 Dec 2014 12:37 #3 by ScienceChic
I tried finding the "wrench" this search result talks about, but didn't have much luck. Maybe this helps you get started though?

support.google.com/toolbar/answer/32703?hl=en

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

14 Dec 2014 12:54 #4 by Blazer Bob
It did before my most recent troubles. I cannot find the tools wrench. Still looking.

14 Dec 2014 13:05 #5 by jf1acai

Go to,chrome menu > settings > advanced settings > languages and input settings > tick "enable spell checking".

- productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/RY04kYeZqCU

Note the menu icon is the 3 horizontal bars icon at the far right of the menu, and you have to scroll down to the 'enable spell checking' option.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

14 Dec 2014 13:14 #6 by ScienceChic
I looked there and didn't see that option. Thought it might be under Tools, but didn't see it there either. Will keep searching...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

14 Dec 2014 13:16 - 14 Dec 2014 13:17 #7 by Blazer Bob

jf1acai wrote:

Go to,chrome menu > settings > advanced settings > languages and input settings > tick "enable spell checking".

- productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/RY04kYeZqCU

Note the menu icon is the 3 horizontal bars icon at the far right of the menu, and you have to scroll down to the 'enable spell checking' option.

Thanks jflacai.

"+Jill,
How to turn on spell check?

Which languages are available for spell check?
English(US) is available for spell check and not English(UK).

How do I know if the spell checker is really working?
The spell checker means it checks for any spelling mistake while the document is being typed.When you type a word and it is in mistake Google chrome shows the word in a squingly red line,from that you could know that your spell checker is working. "

productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/RY04kYeZqCU

That worked except that I typed muron as a typo for moron but it turns out muron is a word.

Thanks all.

14 Dec 2014 13:18 #8 by Blazer Bob
Thanks everyone for your inputs.

14 Dec 2014 13:18 #9 by ScienceChic
Okay, so I clicked on Chrome at the top, then went to Preferences. Scrolled all the way to the bottom when I didn't see anything useful, clicked on Advanced Settings, and this came up. Maybe it would work?

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds