Lucilles and Sushi Hai

06 May 2010 19:56 #1 by The Viking
I have talked to several people directly involved with the closing and reopening of these two restaurants. They are still planning on reopening under a new name. They were going to just transition right over to the new owners and management within a couple weeks, but since it is new owners they had to apply for a new liquor license. It is about a 6 week process from what I understand and this is week 3. So they have everything in place to reopen as soon as they get the liquor license. So hopefully by the end of this month. They will have new names and a new menu from what I understand. I am not sure the type of food yet though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2010 17:51 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Lucilles and Sushi Hai
Good to hear, I liked Sushi Hai I hope they keep that theme. I was sorry to see them close

09 May 2010 21:14 #3 by Essexgirlinthemountains
That is good to hear. I enjoyed both places whenever I went there.

14 May 2010 10:35 #4 by Sunshine Girl
Not the previous owners right?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

14 May 2010 10:54 #5 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Lucilles and Sushi Hai

Rockdocs Sunshine Girl wrote: Not the previous owners right?

No, new owners. Although it sounds like Glenn will be the same manager. He came on in the end he was doing a great job at turning things around. Have no idea about the chef yet though.

14 May 2010 11:10 #6 by Sunshine Girl
I don't care for the previous owners at all. I don't know who Glen is, but kudos to him for trying. The view there is wonderful so I hope they do re-open. I think we should have a bunch of us get together and go there for dinner when it re-opens to support them.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

23 May 2010 07:02 #7 by The Dude
Replied by The Dude on topic Lucilles and Sushi Hai

Sunshine Girl wrote: I don't care for the previous owners at all. I don't know who Glen is, but kudos to him for trying. The view there is wonderful so I hope they do re-open. I think we should have a bunch of us get together and go there for dinner when it re-opens to support them.

I like this idea. In fact I think this would be a good group to start. Kind of a local patrons group were we get a rather large group of us and enjoy a meal at a different local establishment each time. It would be a nice way to socialize with eachother face to face and maybe help boost a small business in the process. Anyone else interested?

23 May 2010 10:36 #8 by IXerLover
Replied by IXerLover on topic Lucilles and Sushi Hai
I'm potentially in - as long as it is different owners.

23 May 2010 13:32 #9 by The Viking
Yes it is different owners. I just talked to two people this morning who worked there. They were just informed that they are hoping reopen in a couple weeks. So that is great news. I hadn't heard anything in a couple weeks but they were told to be expecting to be back to work soon. I know they had to go throught the liquor license process which takes about 6 weeks.

23 May 2010 13:34 #10 by The Viking

The Dude wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: I don't care for the previous owners at all. I don't know who Glen is, but kudos to him for trying. The view there is wonderful so I hope they do re-open. I think we should have a bunch of us get together and go there for dinner when it re-opens to support them.

I like this idea. In fact I think this would be a good group to start. Kind of a local patrons group were we get a rather large group of us and enjoy a meal at a different local establishment each time. It would be a nice way to socialize with eachother face to face and maybe help boost a small business in the process. Anyone else interested?

I agree, I love this idea. Lets line up a 285 get together a week or so after they open not only to meet each other but to also give them a little boost and support to get going again.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds