Blood Stains

11 Jul 2010 08:06 #1 by lydian82
Blood Stains was created by lydian82
My sweetheart had a little mishap and his knee bleed (sp?) something awful. His jeans are drenched in blood from the inside out. Amazingly the jeans didn't rip, can I salvage the jeans? Any suggestions on how to remove the blood stain?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jul 2010 20:41 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Blood Stains
Try soaking them in OxyClean at least 4 hours, overnight if necessary.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Jul 2010 06:35 #3 by ShilohLady
Replied by ShilohLady on topic Blood Stains
My brother-in-law who is a vet and deals with blood a lot swears by hydrogen peroxide to get rid of blood stains.

13 Jul 2010 07:26 #4 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Blood Stains
Tips and Tricks for Blood Stain Removal

1. Spray Windex window cleaner on the stain before laundering. Lightly scrub window cleaner into fabric with an old toothbrush. Launder with regular detergent. If heavily stained, repeat the process again before drying garment.
2. You can instantly remove blood from clothing by pouring hydrogen peroxide directly onto the clothing. This is used often in the veterinary and medical fields. Wash and dry as usual. Works best on fresh stains.
3. Soak the bloodstain in a bowl of water with an effervescent denture cleanser tablet for about 15-60 minutes. Then wash as usual.
4. Salt water on washable fabrics works great for bloodstains.
5. You can try using a bar of Lava soap. Just rub it on under running water a few times, and then use a stain remover like Shout. Wait for 20 minutes or so. Put it in the washer and the stain should be gone. Recommended for khakis and jeans because it won’t take the color from the fabric.
6. Moisten the blood stain with cool water. Next, apply and rub in unflavored meat tenderizer to the stain, let this sit overnight, rinse with ammonia water, then launder as usual.
7. Try spitting on the blood stain and then putting it in a cold wash. There is an enzyme in that saliva that helps break up your own blood. Treat the stain as soon as possible for the best results.
8. Pour lemon juice over the stain and let it sit for a few minutes. Then use a laundry pre-treatment spray or stick. Rinse it out in lukewarm to cool water. Repeat as many times as necessary.
9. To remove a very stubborn bloodstain, try white wine vinegar. Always rinse very well afterwards and towel dry.
10. Never use hot water. It will “set” the stain. Use cold water to rinse and wash blood stains.

13 Jul 2010 08:39 #5 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Blood Stains
Good tips, I wish I knew all those a while back. I never could get those blood stains out of the trunk, I finally had to rip out the carpet and sell the car. Just kidding :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: lol :Whistle

13 Jul 2010 08:51 #6 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Blood Stains
OK, that got rid of the blood stains.

How do I cover up the bullet holes?

13 Jul 2010 10:09 #7 by mozartsmom
Replied by mozartsmom on topic Blood Stains
Bullet holes in the jeans or the leg?

13 Jul 2010 20:26 #8 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Blood Stains
duct tape?

13 Jul 2010 20:31 #9 by chocolove
Replied by chocolove on topic Blood Stains
Becky those are great tips! What do you do with Red wine stains in carpet? I know, off topic! I have found Folex works really well but it doesn't always do it!

14 Jul 2010 20:36 #10 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Blood Stains
On another note, hydrogen peroxide is good for destroying DNA evidence at the scene of the crime...

I thought it would damage fabric; good to know it doesn't and I'll be using it next time. On my kids clothes. When they fall down. Crap, I'm going to shut up now! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds