***Instant Pot Cajun Shrimp Boil***

25 Jul 2019 13:02 #1 by TheBean_TheLeaf
Instant Pot Cajun Shrimp Boil

So I will start out by saying you can make this without an Instant Pot, it just makes it easier. This recipe is fabulous. My 87 year old mother loves to make something similar to this for company that she calls "Cowboy Supper". It's an easy one-pot meal whether you use the Instant Pot or do it on stove-top.

Ingredients

2 Tbls. The Bean & The Leaf Cajun Seasoning
2 tsp. The Bean & The Leaf Himilayan salt
2 tsp. The Bean & The Leaf ground coriander
1 tsp. The Bean & The Leaf ground cumin
2 tsp. brown sugar
2 cups chicken broth
1 lb. smoked sausage sliced, 2-inch pieces
1.5 lbs. baby new potatoes
3 ears of corn cut in thirds
1 lb. shrimp 21/25, deveined, peel-on
3 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Instructions:

Add all seasonings to a small bowl. Using a whisk (or fork), combine all spices – making sure to break up the brown sugar.

Add chicken broth and 1 tablespoon of seasoning mix to pot. Next, add sausage, potatoes, and corn to pot and give a good mix. Lock lid and cook for 4 minutes at high pressure.

Meanwhile – defrost shrimp (if frozen) in cold water, then drain completely.

Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. Switch back to sauté setting. Add lemon juice, butter, and one more tablespoon of seasoning mix. Mix well, making sure that butter melts in liquid below.

Finally, add shrimp and remaining seasoning mix, making sure shrimp are submerged in liquid. You may need to remove some corn, potatoes, and/or sausage in order to do this. Return lid to pot and let sit on keep warm until shrimp are pink. This will take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes.

Serve and enjoy!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds