***Homemade Chicken Pot Pie***

12 Sep 2019 11:02 #1 by TheBean_TheLeaf
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

Simple to make, healthy and tasty, this recipe is a great middle of the week or weekend dinner and is comforting in that old fashioned home-cooked meal sort of way.This is the perfect recipe to adapt for left over chicken or rotisserie chicken as well. Turkey can also be substituted when you are trying to find ways to use up that Thanksgiving turkey.

Ingredients:

1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs - cubed
2 cups frozen peas and carrots or mixed vegetables
½ cup sliced celery
⅓ cup butter
½ cup chopped onion
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon The Bean & The Leaf sea salt
¼ teaspoon The Bean & The Leaf black pepper
½ teaspoon The Bean & The Leaf Herbs de Provence
½ teaspoon The Bean & the Leaf Mother Clucker Chicken
Seasoning
1 ¾ cups chicken broth
⅔ cup milk
2 (9 inch)s unbaked pie crusts

Directions
Step 1
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)

Step 2
In a saucepan place cubed chicken with water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.

Step 3
In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions, celery and frozen peas and carrots in butter until onions are soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, Herbs de Provence and Mother Clucker. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.

Step 4
Place the chicken in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.

Step 5
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.

Variations:
1. Sometimes I like to add pearl onions to my veggie mix.
2. Instead of a pie crust top place a pkg of Grands
buttermilk biscuits on top.

Serve & Enjoy!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds