New Template

08 Jul 2014 19:54 #11 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic New Template
I like the red background on the 'new posts' message! Makes it much easier to find new posts.

:like:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jul 2014 20:25 #12 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic New Template
Glad to hear it! I hope it will do. As I was talking through the issue with the developer, we realized that having the text that clearly explains that there are "new posts" and exactly how many, is better than a blank icon that must be explained to new members to the forum as to what it means (I remember when I first started posting on forums that all the features were confusing and a tad overwhelming, it took forever figuring out how to post pictures, or how to click right through to the last post on a thread). This way it stands out, and tells everyone explicitly that there are new posts on that thread and saves explaining the confusing symbol.

It's actually supposed to be orange to maintain consistency matching the new Topic/Post icon color on the Forum Index (and be a reference to the Broncos too!). Did we not match it well enough, or do we need to get you a box of Crayons jf1? :P (j/k you know, love ya lots!)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Jul 2014 20:46 #13 by ThePetParent
Replied by ThePetParent on topic New Template
I actually like the new look and use of.
:silly:

08 Jul 2014 21:53 #14 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic New Template

It's actually supposed to be orange to maintain consistency matching the new Topic/Post icon color on the Forum Index (and be a reference to the Broncos too!). Did we not match it well enough, or do we need to get you a box of Crayons jf1?

Hey, I only know basic colors - orange is not a color, it is a fruit! :P

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Jul 2014 06:38 #15 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic New Template
I forgot all about Control +/-. Thanks.

All I meant by white space was the general look of the forum - spread out. I prefer things a little more condensed. It's tough for me to describe, but I'm looking at the spaces around the "1039 new replies" and the view new posts icon as well as the space in the column for the last poster... if it was an excel spreadsheet, I'd make those columns narrower to allow for more room for the thread titles without having them go multiple lines.

In general I like it. Good job.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

09 Jul 2014 08:19 #16 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic New Template

LOL wrote: Ditto on the Karma Pacamom. Here ya go, have another! :)

Thank you Sir, may I please have another?

ScienceChic wrote:
Does that make sense, or am I explaining it weird?

You are just weird. :side:

09 Jul 2014 12:25 #17 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic New Template
Yes, yes I am! :woohoo:

NTM, I asked the developer about the extra space and it is how the template is designed. I know it takes some getting used to, and as a graphic designer I feel this itch to tighten up the kerning between lines and reduce that surrounding space too - I totally get how you feel. But, the old forums that were tighter were much more difficult to use on mobile devices (and that's the future - mobile surfing is growing, shows no signs of stopping, and we see that in our analytics as well).

We're very proud that we're leading the way with this new software, offering features that no other forum in this area provides, and providing functionality that our members' have requested. We always welcome feedback and suggestions because this site is here for you and we want you to enjoy participating here!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: BaconLover

09 Jul 2014 17:01 #18 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic New Template

pacamom wrote:

LOL wrote: Ditto on the Karma Pacamom. Here ya go, have another! :)

Thank you Sir, may I please have another?

Hmmmm, someone keeps cancelling them out. THATS IT!!!!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

09 Jul 2014 17:07 #19 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic New Template

ScienceChic wrote: ... We always welcome feedback and suggestions because this site is here for you and we want you to enjoy participating here!

When are we going to get free Beer and Bacon? :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

09 Jul 2014 17:52 #20 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic New Template

LOL wrote:

ScienceChic wrote: ... We always welcome feedback and suggestions because this site is here for you and we want you to enjoy participating here!

When are we going to get free Beer and Bacon? :)

Free beer and bacon!! you have my vote.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds