Release to Heal

23 May 2016 22:10 #1 by janimccarty
Release to Heal was created by janimccarty
Release to Heal

- - -
"All I need to know at any given moment is revealed to me. My intuition is always on my side." - Louise Hay

This week I celebrated my 28th year of Life without alcohol or drugs. Sobriety has been my second chance to choose to live daily ~ present, responsible, and free.

An invitation also arrived this week to celebrate Louise Hay’s 90th birthday October 8th, in San Diego. This is one Life Celebration I won’t miss. Being introduced to her courage, light and love in the early 80’s forever changed me and my Life.

Years before I got clean & sober, Louise Hay planted seeds of recovery in my heart with her book, You Can Heal Your Life . Her philosophy that we each have the power to change our lives simply by changing our thoughts caught my attention early on.

After reading her book and hearing her speak on loving and healing, I trusted her and knew there was truth in what she shared. I believed her then and today in my Life, I demonstrate that same truth.

She invites us to stop looking outside of ourselves for the answers to our questions and the solutions to our problems to find the place inside of us that is an unlimited resource. She reminds us that we are perfect, whole and complete just as we are.

When I stopped using alcohol and drugs to fill the holes in my heart and in my Life, I recognized a freedom and a relationship with myself and with my Source that was always present.

I began to experience an inkling of trust in myself. I began to give that still, small voice within me first some attention and then faith and acknowledgment.

Every single time I take action in alignment with my inner voice, I am propelled down a path that is happy, joyous, and free. And today each time I hear yet ignore it’s message, I get to suffer whatever consequence is presented to help teach me a new lesson.

Several years ago on the anniversary of my Sobriety, I took an early morning walk down the path and around Evergreen Lake. As I stood at the West end of the lake, the fog began to lift in the warmth of the Sun.

I stood motionless, conscious only of my breathing and humbled by the beauty around me. My heart was overflowing with gratitude for my Life and the richness of my blessings.

Slowly I raised my arms over my head and declared loudly to the world, “My inner wisdom has a voice, with Love & Light I set it free!”

PONDER THIS:
What great gift have you received when you let go of something that wasn’t serving you?

Please share your celebrations over on the blog .
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds