TEXANS = tremedous ego,light weight logic

04 Sep 2021 12:06 #1 by homeagain
www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/0...-in-laws-on-abortion

EDUCATE ELECTED OFFICIALS.....hello TEXANS ,try research before "foot in mouth" finds U ignorant of the facts of life.

IT'S AN ELECTRICAL IMPULSE AND IT'S CALLED AN EMBRYO......Ya want to be taken seriously,STUDY the topic BEFORE u make a statement
OR A LAW.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Sep 2021 18:18 #2 by FredHayek
While I disagree with the Texas law, electrical impulses not being heart beats is parsing.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Sep 2021 07:01 - 05 Sep 2021 07:08 #3 by homeagain
REALLY, you are an OB GYN doctor now?

"When I use a stethoscope to listen to an [adult] patient's heart, the sound that I'm hearing is caused by the opening and closing of the cardiac valves," says Dr. Nisha Verma, an OB-GYN who specializes in abortion care and works at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.

The sound generated by an ultrasound in very early pregnancy is quite different, she says.

"At six weeks of gestation, those valves don't exist," she explains. "The flickering that we're seeing on the ultrasound that early in the development of the pregnancy is actually electrical activity, and the sound that you 'hear' is actually manufactured by the ultrasound machine."

That's why "the term 'fetal heartbeat' is pretty misleading," says Dr. Jennifer Kerns, an OB-GYN and associate professor at the University of California, San Francisco.

05 Sep 2021 08:29 #4 by FredHayek
I repeat, it is parsing. I don't agree with the new Texas abortion law but this heart argument is a joke.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds