COVID-19 mortality

03 Feb 2022 09:56 #1 by Blazer Bob
sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files/2022/01/...VID-19-Mortality.pdf

..."More
specifically, stringency index studies find that lockdowns in Europe and the United States only
reduced COVID-19 mortality by 0.2% on average. SIPOs were also ineffective, only reducing
COVID-19 mortality by 2.9% on average. Specific NPI studies also find no broad-based evidence
of noticeable effects on COVID-19 mortality.
While this meta-analysis concludes that lockdowns have had little to no public health effects,
they have imposed enormous economic and social costs where they have been adopted. In
consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy
instrument."...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Feb 2022 12:33 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic COVID-19 mortality
I have a headache,went thru the 40 some odd pages to see if this doc was peer reviewed or working paper
status? I have no clue.....

Have to say, seems apparent that NO ONE knew anything and it was throw spaghetti on the frig to see what would stick.

I compare this to very early years of HIV/AIDS,everyone was paralyzed with fear and MANY misconceptions
were floated. THANKS for the document.

03 Feb 2022 16:59 #3 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic COVID-19 mortality
Many people have died and yet many of you still say it didn't happen.

I have lost family members so don't give a rats ass what the numbers are they are now dead and those that do not encourage the treatments in my eyes are to blame.

Have a wonderful day and I am glad you still have your family to hug.

03 Feb 2022 23:32 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic COVID-19 mortality
1. This is not a peer-reviewed study, it's a self-published opinion piece by the authors, one of whom is the person in charge of publishing this series (no, that's not a conflict of interest at all).
:sarcasm:

The Studies in Applied Economics series is under the general direction of Prof. Steve H. Hanke, Founder and Co-Director of The Johns Hopkins Institute for Applied Economics, Global Health, and the Study of Business Enterprise (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.). The views expressed in each working paper are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the institutions that the authors are affiliated with.

2. It's from the Institute for Applied Economics, Global Health and the Study of Business Enterprise, not the fields of epidemiology, or virology. It's no wonder they decided lockdowns were bad.

3. Did anyone bother to check their sources? How about other meta-analyses that ARE actually peer-reviewed? What's missing? Here's a hint: New Zealand.

New Zealand did do a full lockdown unlike any other nation did (Taiwan was close), they had minimal deaths and their economy is not destroyed. Further, I would bet (having not read the entire thing closely) that they didn't bother trying to calculate the impact on the economy had we not implemented any lockdown measures (half-assed as they were, they were never going to be as effective as they could've been) and had millions more deaths.

Read this publication and its conclusions with a huge dose of skepticism.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: HappyCamper

05 Feb 2022 06:16 #5 by homeagain

HappyCamper wrote: Many people have died and yet many of you still say it didn't happen.

I have lost family members so don't give a rats ass what the numbers are they are now dead and those that do not encourage the treatments in my eyes are to blame.

Have a wonderful day and I am glad you still have your family to hug.

I am sadden that insufficient data/procedures have been the major cause of this fubar.

Here's another CDC statement/protocol that has ADDED to this chaos......

www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/c...ual-gmail-definition

07 Feb 2022 21:00 - 07 Feb 2022 21:02 #6 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic COVID-19 mortality
del

08 Feb 2022 06:46 #7 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files/2022/01/...VID-19-Mortality.pdf

..."More
specifically, stringency index studies find that lockdowns in Europe and the United States only
reduced COVID-19 mortality by 0.2% on average. SIPOs were also ineffective, only reducing
COVID-19 mortality by 2.9% on average. Specific NPI studies also find no broad-based evidence
of noticeable effects on COVID-19 mortality.
While this meta-analysis concludes that lockdowns have had little to no public health effects,
they have imposed enormous economic and social costs where they have been adopted. In
consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy
instrument."...

A MEDICAL REBUTTAL

www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exc...ual-gmail-definition
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds