Singapore skyline,
Las Vegas strip [although I'm not convinced it's worth seeing before you die],
Venice canals,
Stonehenge,
Niagara Falls,
Manhattan,
Eiffel Tower,
and the Taj Mahal.

Sorely lacking on the South American places. In the U.S., I'm missing the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, and Alaska (yes, they list the entire state like Hawaii). Of those I've seen, hands down the Taj Mahal is the coolest. If you ever plan a trip to see it, schedule it around a full moon and do the moonlight tour - supposedly all of the carnelian stones embedded in the walls glow. Then see it during the daytime, the artwork and craftsmanship are incredible (it's been a while, but I believe something like 21,000 stone workers participated in building it, and when finished, the shah had the ring fingers cut off of every one of them to prevent them from repeating their work ever again - they push the cutting tools with their ring fingers so this essentially ruined their livelihoods, real nice guy). Make sure you wear sunglasses (I forgot mine that day), the sunlight reflecting off of all that white marble is blinding. :)

Where have you been on this list, what did you like the best, what would you recommend or not recommend seeing before kicking the bucket? :) That Blue Lagoon in Iceland looks pretty inviting at the moment! :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Dec 2011 06:33 #2 by Rockdoc
Gt every state in the union other than Alaska. Got a lot of places out of the way, but need to go to the Mediterranean coast and now Croatia which is gorgeous. On my list is the Old growht forest in Poland, a forest untouched for over 1000 years.

23 Dec 2011 09:02 #3 by Arlen
Battlefield of Antietam near Sharpsburg, Maryland
Yellowstone National Park
Carlsbad Caverns
Grand Canyon
Mount Rushmore
The west coast via Hwy 101 (the Coastal Highway)
Redwood National Park
The Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
US Capitol Building, Washington, D.C.
New York City
Maine coast
Gunnison, Colorado

23 Dec 2011 10:44 #4 by Photo-fish
Lambeau Field on a game day. :biggrin:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

23 Dec 2011 12:45 #5 by ScienceChic
PF, I think you have a one-track mind! LOL! lol

If I had to pick one sporting event that I had to see before I die, it would be the Olympics, any competition in which it was going to be a close, hard win between an American and anyone else. To be in a foreign city, with thousands of others, and watch the cream of the crop athletes compete against each other, but in a feeling of solidarity that we arise above our petty political and cultural differences and problems would be incredible! The feats that the human body are able to accomplish with dedicated training, innate talent, and passion never fails to leave me in awe and wonder.

If I got to pick a 2nd sporting event I'd like to see the Superbowl, but not where it's cold - I'm a total wimp in the cold. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds