Scanner Advice-Technology Used in Emergency Park/Jeffco Communications

20 Aug 2018 11:18 #1 by Osborne180
I apologize if this is posted in the incorrect Forum. I live in Conifer, south of 285 and not far from the Park/Jeffco county lines & would be appreciative of advice from knowledgeable scanner enthusiasts about current technology used primarily by Fire/Emergency Services/Law Enforcement in the area, with Wildland Fire communications being my most important need. Although I am looking to replace my old analog Radio Shack (broken) scanner, I am less interested in advice on specific brands/models and am primarily wanting to know the answer to the following question: which of the technologies below are used by Jeffco/Park counties (and possibly western Douglas County):

DMR
NXDN
ProVoice

Thank you in advance for sharing this information !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2018 11:55 #2 by ScienceChic
Good question and I wish I knew the answer for you! I've posted it in the local Park County Radio Club - AB0PC - and Friends Group and am hoping one of them might know!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Aug 2018 13:10 #3 by ScienceChic
Got a reply! From Mike Borrego:

Jeffco and Park sheriffs use the statewide DTR P25 digital system. Most of the fire departments still use VHF analog

I hope this helps!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Aug 2018 14:20 #4 by Osborne180
Thanks to Mike and Science Chic for responding. Good info !
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

21 Aug 2018 14:48 #5 by ScienceChic
Happy to help! When you get your equipment back up and running, we always appreciate when people who listen to the frequencies post about emergencies that they hear happening! :)

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds