Winter Weather Advisory December 28, 2022

28 Dec 2022 09:03 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
NWS Denver/Boulder @nws_boulder:
Snowfall Forecast
Heads up! There is unusually high uncertainty with the snow forecast for this storm due to the initial rain. Note the high end snow amounts on the second image. Latest trends suggest those high end amounts are becoming more likely! Be prepared. #COwx

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Denver CO
321 AM MST Wed Dec 28 2022

COZ036-282200-
/O.EXB.KBOU.WW.Y.0039.221228T2100Z-221229T1200Z/
Jefferson and West Douglas Counties Above 6000 Feet/Gilpin/Clear Creek/Northeast Park Counties Below 9000 Feet-
Including the cities of Bailey, Central City, Georgetown, Evergreen, Westcreek, and Idaho Springs

321 AM MST Wed Dec 28 2022

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 5 AM MST THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations between 3 and 8 inches.

* WHERE...The Southern Front Range Foothills.

* WHEN...From 2 PM this afternoon to 5 AM MST Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult with icy and slick roads later this afternoon and tonight.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Slow down and use caution while traveling. The latest road conditions for Colorado can be obtained by calling 5 1 1 or by going to www.cotrip.org .
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Dec 2022 10:13 #2 by MountainTownAlerts
From NWS Denver/Boulder:
Later today, a system will bring rain to much of the I-25 corridor and plains. Then, during the late afternoon and evening, the rain changes to snow and will accumulate. Expect hazardous travel conditions as a result. In the mountains, a steady light snow will occur.
Attachments:

28 Dec 2022 10:35 #3 by ScienceChic
We're approaching our more snowy months, so I thought I'd share our reminder post on How to Prepare for Winter in the Mountains with tips for preparing your home and car. Don't forget you can check our webcam pages for current road conditions as well. Stay safe everyone!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds