Jeffco Planning & Zoning: Conifer Plan Update Meeting

04 Feb 2016 18:48 #21 by ScienceChic
Actually, the folks at Planning & Zoning spent many, many hours organizing and attending meetings up here in order to solicit as much community input as they could, as you can see from the multiple meeting notices in this thread. Each of those meetings went at least 2 hours, if not more, over a year and a half period and if there is anything in that plan that doesn't reflect residents' wishes it's because there was too small of a turnout at each opportunity and not enough feedback provided by residents. I was quite disappointed myself at the paltry engagement and interest in our community at being proactive with this effort. This meeting at the county is for the commissioners to finally review after collecting P&Zs recommendations and residents' feedback, it makes sense it was done there. They initially advertised it back when the plan was finalized in December so everyone had ample time to fit it into their schedules.

This document also does not "create" development. It is merely a set of established guidelines for where and how to build and not build. The county doesn't then go about building anything themselves, that's for businesses and entrepreneurs to do.

Are there businesses that apply for re-zoning? Sure. And that's why there's a process that allows for the community to make their wishes heard. It has stopped plenty of other projects that weren't well thought out, and will continue to do so.

In regards to the meeting yesterday, Heather sent this update:

Hi – Last night the Planning Commission heard public testimony regarding the Conifer/285 Corridor Area Plan update and started deliberations. They had several items they still wanted to address at 11:30pm, so decided to continue the case until next Wednesday, February 10 for further deliberation. Public testimony has been closed so the hearing will only consist of discussion between Planning Commissioners and questions for staff. No new testimony will be taken.

Have a good day!

Heather Gutherless
Jefferson County Planning & Zoning
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
303-271-8716

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Feb 2016 20:10 - 04 Feb 2016 20:12 #22 by HappyCamper
This is not just a comment for Jeffco (I live in Park County) but in general.

First I will say that if you do not follow the websites up here you don't know when the meetings are let alone what they will be covering. Most people do not subscribe to the papers sad to say but that is how it is.

Second, we are a community of commuters and I myself do not get home until about 6:15 then I need to feed the dogs and myself and hubby. I would love to see both Jeffco and Park County let people write in their concerns. I am not a public speaker and would be better at sending my thoughts in writing but there needs to be a way to track concerns. Not sure how they will do this but just a thought, I wish I could be at more of the meetings but it is not always possible so I have to pick my battles.

04 Feb 2016 20:16 #23 by Jukerado
We just returned from the meeting regarding the Ridge Road adventure camp. There were a good 200 folks in attendance, because people in the area made sure the word got out. The Really Big 285 Plan actually came up, and I'd wager that the majority tonight weren't even aware of it. The county should have sent out letters to the area residents, because not everyone reads the paper or the internet or public notices. (One gentleman at the meeting has property that borders the proposed camp - and because his driveway is more than 1,320 feet from the camp driveway, he was not informed by the county. If a concerned neighbor hadn't told him about the meeting, he would not have known.)

A cursory review of the Really Big Plan is disturbing. "Destination resorts." Making sure everyone else in Jefferson Country gets to enjoy the mountains. More roads. More development. Widen 285. On and on.

Everything I read online in that plan appears designed to cram more and more into this area, to upset the lifestyle of those who live here, and make sure the Conifer area is overdeveloped.

If people knew about the 285 Plan, they would have attended those planning meetings. Again, nearly 200 people tonight, concerned about one camping area in the middle of an ag/res area.

Folks, it is coming, and you'd best keep yourself informed. The best plan would be to double or triple the size of the Jeffco Sheriff so they could better patrol the county. Unless you want to live in an area that will resemble Parker, Castle Rock, etc., and the mind-numbing sprawl that has run rampant on I-25, you better keep your eyes and ears open and start watching the Jeffco website. And count on your property taxes rising even more than they already are.

09 Feb 2016 15:59 #24 by Mountain-News-Events
Planning Commission Hearing
jeffco.us/planning-and-zoning/events/pla...-commission-hearing/
When: February 10, 2016 6:15: PM - 10:00 PM

Where: Hearing Room One

Description:
Hearing is held in Hearing Room One of the Jefferson County Administration and Courts Facility. The length of the hearings varies.

To find out more about Planning Commission hearings or view the agenda , please see the agendas page.

Jefferson County Planning Commission AGENDA
February 10, 2016
Hearing Room #1
Pre-Meeting: Conference Room 1566/67 – (5:30 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.)
1. Director of Planning and Zoning Comments
2. Assistant Director Comments
3. Legal Counsel Comments
4. Administrative Assistant Comments
5. Planning Commission Comments
6. Overview of Public Hearing
Hearing: (6:15 p.m.)
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Reminder to turn off cell phones
4. Citizen Comments
A short period for members of the public to appear without being scheduled ahead of time to make comments on planning matters not before the Commission at this time.
5. Approval of minutes – February 3, 2016

Public Agenda Items:
Note: The starting time for the Planning Commission Hearing generally
occurs as noted on the agenda. However, the Planning Commission may in
some instances, start public hearings slightly after the posted time.

Consent Agenda
16-101559SA Case Name: Owner/Applicant: Location:
Purpose:
Case Manager:
Site Approval
Jefferson County Fairgrounds Wireless Installation Jefferson County
15200 West 6th Avenue Frontage Road
Section 12, Township 4 South, Range 70 West
To allow the installation of ten, 12-foot tall poles for wireless (Wi-Fi) internet access points.
Mike Madrid

15-123746RZ Case Name: Owner/Applicant: Location:
Approximate Area: Purpose:
Case Manager:
15-125409RZ Case Name: Owner/Applicant: Location:
Case Manager:
15-127879RZ Case Name: Owner/Applicant: Location:
Case Manager:
Rezoning
Lot 2 Dancing Deer Rezoning
Deer Mountain Estates, Inc.
9351 Watson Gulch Road
Section 11, Township 6 South, Range 70 West 15.15 Acres
To rezone from Agricultural-Two (A-2) to Agricultural-One (A-1) to allow a minimum 5-acre lot size.
Christiana Farrell
Rezoning
4370 Kendrick Street – Official Development Plan
15000 W Kendrick St, LLC
4300 Kendrick Street (PIN: 30-244-01-006), 14990 West 44th Avenue (PIN: 30-244-01-007) and 15000 West 44th Avenue (PIN: 30-244-01-008)
Section 24, Township 3 South, Range 70 West
14.49 Acres
To rezone from Industrial-One (I-1), Industrial-Three (I-3) and Residential- Three (R-3) to a Planned Development (PD) which follows the I-1 standard zone district and allows a food and beverage kiosk as an accessory use.
Heather Gutherless
Rezoning
5770 McIntyre Street Official Development Plan Jefferson Development Associates LLC
5770 McIntyre Street
Section 12, Township 3 South, Range 70 West 10.08 Acres
To rezone from Industrial-Three (I-3) and Planned Development (PD) to PD to allow office and industrial uses.
Alan Tiefenbach

15-129613RZ Case Name: Owner/Applicant: Location:
Case Manager:
Regular Agenda
14-111379CH
Case Name: Applicant: Location: Purpose:
Case Manager:
Adjournment
Rezoning
8290 W Coal Mine Avenue Official Development Plan
4 Paws 4 Life Rescue, a Colorado nonprofit corporation 8290 West Coal Mine Avenue
Section 26, Township 5 South, Range 69 West
4.62 Acres
To rezone from Agricultural-One (A-1) to Planned Development (PD) to allow an assisted living / memory care facility.
Alan Tiefenbach

Comprehensive Master Plan / Conifer/285 Corridor Area (continued from February 2, 2016)
Conifer/285 Corridor Area Plan
Jefferson County
Conifer area of Jefferson County
To revise and update the Conifer/285 Corridor Area Community Plan as a new Conifer/285 Corridor Area section of the Comprehensive Master Plan (CMP) and to update general policies in the Comprehensive Master Plan.
Heather Gutherless

Emergency items and other public business for which notices were not possible may be considered. The order of items on the agenda is subject to change at the discretion of the Chairman.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

15 Feb 2016 13:00 #25 by Mountain-News-Events
From Heather Gutherless:

Hi – On Wednesday, February 10, the Planning Commission adopted the Conifer/285 Corridor Area Plan and several revisions to the Comprehensive Master Plan. Below are links to a clean copy of the adopted Plan text, the red-marked print adopted by the Planning Commission, and the maps.

Thank you to everyone who submitted comments, attended meetings, reviewed drafts, and answered questions. All of the input made this final Plan better.

The website will also be updated with this information next week.

Click on each item below to view the document. Please let me know if the links do not work and we can figure out another way to get this information to you.

Adopted Plan
Planning Commission Red-mark
Maps
Comprehensive Master Plan Changes – This says proposed, but it is what was adopted.

Thank you!

Heather Gutherless, AICP
Senior Planner
Jefferson County Planning and Zoning
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
303-271-8716
100 Jefferson County Parkway, #3550
Golden, CO 80419

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds