Stupidity vs. stupidity

10 May 2010 19:28 #1 by Robynabc
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/colu ... 969.column

I am sorry but that kid was not supposed to be out there. He has no excuse and if you are going to run around on the field it is your own fault. He was trespassing. If he had been shot that would have been another issue. I have not seen the video so maybe I am wrong.

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle.
But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."
. Marilyn Monroe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 May 2010 08:08 - 15 May 2010 08:22 #2 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Stupidity vs. stupidity
Given details of departmental and manufacturer guidelines for taser use, the cop was out of line. It used to be that police on the sidelines were in physical condition sufficient to apprehend a stupid youth. Then again, if one police officer were not successful, others abound in the stadium. I agree with the author Steve Chapman that this kid had no place to go and would end up paying for his moment of jubilation soon enough. Fifty thousand volts is a lot of jolt. What do we know about the long term affects? Why use it when alternatives exist, other than one can and ass..u..me..s it to be harmless.

That aside, I also like his views on other issues such as Arizona. In particular I applaud his revelation about others who make comparisons to Nazi actions. Of the people whom he singled out for their employment of this comparison I'd be willing to bet non have first hand knowledge, or knowledge beyond that provided in history classes. Those, I will tell you, provide a biased and incomplete perspective at best. as he points out, their "... only value of statements like those is to reveal how little the speaker knows about life under the Fuehrer." But I digress from the main issue, Taser hunting.

Yes, the kid was trespassing, yes he was out of line, yes he was acting idiotic, but then show me a kid who makes consistently good intelligent decisions and I'll show you someone with a forged birth certificate. The frontal part of their brain is not developed. They will make stupid mistakes that require correction not being gunned down with a stun gun.

15 May 2010 08:19 #3 by Robynabc
Replied by Robynabc on topic Stupidity vs. stupidity
Hey, very interesting. Thank you for your perspective.

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle.
But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."
. Marilyn Monroe

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds