JeffCo school board decision draws questions re:transparency

01 Oct 2014 15:42 #131 by Nobody that matters
Quickest way to win any political game is to demonize your opponent. It's a whole lot easier to get the general public today to focus on their negative than it is to get them to understand your own positives.

In the end, the problem lies with the people that are eating up the biased crap that all the extremes can put out - but only the biased crap that agrees with what they've already ingested cuz mixing crap upsets their tummies.

I'm quickly loosing patience with everyone involved. I better take a break or my faith in human nature will be completely destroyed.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln
The following user(s) said Thank You: MountainMomma2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Oct 2014 15:57 #132 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote: I just had lunch with a old friend whose wife teaches in Jeffco and it sounds like the teachers union had gone over the deep end villifying the new school board. He honestly believes that the new members are a theocracy.

Reminds me of Wisconsin. The unions loose to a vote of the public and throw a infantile temper tantrum.

02 Oct 2014 08:42 #133 by Photo-fish
It wasn't just the teachers union though in Wisconsin was it?

Maybe you missed the headlines?

Wisconsin lost 4,000 jobs last month.

Wisconsin single mom poverty rate rose 2.5 percent

Wisconsin 33rd in job growth.

Heck of a job Walker.......

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

02 Oct 2014 15:17 #134 by Blazer Bob

Photo-fish wrote: It wasn't just the teachers union though in Wisconsin was it?

Maybe you missed the headlines?

Wisconsin lost 4,000 jobs last month.

Wisconsin single mom poverty rate rose 2.5 percent

Wisconsin 33rd in job growth.

Heck of a job Walker.......

Non of which alters the fact that after he was elected the d's had a temper tantrum when he implemented his agenda and then tried to recall him.

He won the recall with more votes than his initial election.

02 Oct 2014 15:29 #135 by deltamrey
As in Douglas County.......DUMP the union. Elect two more patriots to the Board in Jeffco. !!!!!

02 Oct 2014 15:46 #136 by jf1acai
9NEWS' live coverage begins during 9NEWS at 4 p.m. The board meeting is scheduled to begin at 5:30 p.m. A live stream of the meeting can be found above or at on9news.tv/1uEwDV7 .

www.9news.com/story/news/education/2014/...rd-meeting/16595327/

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

02 Oct 2014 15:50 #137 by Mountain-News-Events

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

03 Oct 2014 11:55 #138 by ScienceChic
Boots on the Boulevard , today 4-6pm
1,600 people attending, 391 Maybes

What is this all about? Our community is concerned about what is going on in our school district. Our new board majority is not listening to us. We are asking for your support! If you live or work in Jeffco, have a child who attends a Jeffco school or care about public education, please stand with us!

Want to know more about what's going on? www.supportjeffcokids.org and/or www.StandUpForAllStudents.org .

Be respectful and polite!

This is about issues, not individuals

Clean up any trash - don't leave it behind!

Stand back from the curb and stay safe!

If you want to hand out flyers, please be safe in doing so and do not impede traffic!

Do not jay-walk!

Our plan is to line Wadsworth Blvd. in Jefferson County during rush hour (4-6 p.m.). You'll need to make signs and determine what intersection you'd like to stand at.

Intersection suggestions- (If I accidentally forgot anyone, please forgive my oversight and let me know):

Intersection of Wadsworth &

104th- SLHS; Sheridan Green; Ryan; Jefferson Academy Secondary

100th- WCMS; Witt; Lukas; Jefferson Academy Elementary

92nd- Mandalay; Semper; Adams; Woodrow Wilson Academy

88th- Moore; Weber; Little; Excel Academy

Pomona Dr- Pomona; Parr; Warder

80th- RVHS; Meiklejohn; Coal Creek; Sierra

77th- Oberon; Van Arsdale; Stott; West Woods

72nd- NAMS; Thomson; Hackberry Hill; Lincoln Academy; Two Roads Charter School

68th- Fremont; Swanson; Secrest; Foster

64th- Arvada HS; Campbell; Peck; Fitzmorris

Ralston Rd- Drake; Lawrence; Vanderhoof; Allendale; Arvada K-8

52nd- Warren Tech North; A-West; Evergreen MS; The Bergens; Parmalee; Rocky Mountain Academy of Evergreen

44th- Pennington; Fairmount; Wilmore-Davis; Evergreen HS; Wilmot; Mt. Evans OLES; Compass Montessori/Golden, Compass Montessori/Wheat Ridge; Mountain Phoenix at Wheat Ridge

38th- Wheat Ridge 5-8; Stevens; Prospect Valley; Kullerstrand

32nd- WRHS; Everitt; Manning

26th- Stober; Vivian; Slater; Maple Grove

20th- Jefferson HS; Lumberg; Edgewater; Sobesky; Rocky Mountain Deaf School

Colfax - Lakewood HS; Eiber; Ed Center; 809 Quail; Golden HS; Free Horizon Montessori

10th- Molholm; Jeffco Open; Kyffin; Warren Tech (main campus);

4th- Bell MS; Pleasant View; Welchester; Ralston; Connections; Miller Special

1st- Glennon Heights; South Lakewood; Mitchell; Shelton; Dennison

Alameda- Stein; K-Lakes; Foothills; Belmar; Creighton; McLain/Longview; Addenbrooke Classical Academy-Secondary; New America School

Mississippi- O’Connell; Alameda HS; Deane

Florida- Patterson; Green Mtn. ES; Brady Exploration; Lasley

Jewell- Green Mtn. HS; Dunstan; Devinney; Hutchinson; Carmody

Morrison- Rd BC K-8; Green Gables; Rooney Ranch

Yale- BCHS; Red Rocks; Conifer HS; Marshdale; Westgate; Windy Peak OLES,

Quincy/HWY 44- D’Evelyn; Peiffer; Elk Creek; W. Jeff ES; W. Jeff MS; Mt. View Detention, Addenbrooke Classical Academy- Elementary

Belleview- Mt. Carbon; Westridge; Governor’s Ranch; Blue Heron; Kendallvue

Bowles- DRHS; SRMS; Powderhorn; Columbine HS; Montessori Peaks Academy; Two Roads Charter – South

Coal Mine- Leawood; Deer Creek MS; Colorow; Normandy, Stony Creek

Ken Caryl- Falcon Bluffs; Ken Caryl MS; Dutch Creek; Ute Meadows; Bradfords

Chatfield- Chatfield HS; Shaffer; Columbine Hills; Coronado; Mortenson; Collegiate Academy of Colorado

Thank you for your support!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Oct 2014 13:06 #139 by jf1acai
What are they protesting about now? Last night, after listening to the protests, the board voted not to create a new committee, but rather to revise the current committees to include students and the public, and make their meetings transparent, with required minutes and majority and minority reports.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me, so why are the protests continuing?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

03 Oct 2014 13:55 #140 by PrintSmith
Why? Because the teachers' union still doesn't have control of the board, that's why.

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds