Some perspective on "immigration"?

23 Nov 2014 11:18 - 23 Nov 2014 11:18 #51 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Some perspective on "immigration"?
It really never ceases to amaze me how some "demand" direct answers to their direct questions, but choose to ignore direct questions to possible flaws in their reasoning in posts they make by claiming deflection, denial, evasion, etc., ad nauseum. I've asked several question on immigration issues in this thread that have yet to have any answers given. Is it inherent in these threads that only those with more "conservative" ideals and strongly held views are the only ones that can ask questions? I ask this with all due respect simply because I've seen this, and been subject to it, over and over and over. I'm not claiming any special privilege, nor am I claiming any persecution. I'm merely stating an observation that seems pretty prevalent and ongoing.

ScienceChic once asked in another thread if emoticons might help illustrate where each of us is coming from. I'm using this emoticon to also let some in this thread, specifically, know the fish ain't biting right now.

:bait:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Nov 2014 11:22 #52 by HEARTLESS

ZHawke wrote: It really never ceases to amaze me how some "demand" direct answers to their direct questions, but choose to ignore direct questions to possible flaws in their reasoning in posts they make by claiming deflection, denial, evasion, etc., ad nauseum. I've asked several question on immigration issues in this thread that have yet to have any answers given. Is it inherent in these threads that only those with more "conservative" ideals and strongly held views are the only ones that can ask questions? I ask this with all due respect simply because I've seen this, and been subject to it, over and over and over. I'm not claiming any special privilege, nor am I claiming any persecution. I'm merely stating an observation that seems pretty prevalent and ongoing.

ScienceChic once asked in another thread if emoticons might help illustrate where each of us is coming from. I'm using this emoticon to also let some in this thread, specifically, know the fish ain't biting right now.

Some of us thought the purpose of a public forum was to discuss and express "our opinions" and not merely post links to someone else's thoughts.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

23 Nov 2014 11:22 #53 by ZHawke

HEARTLESS wrote:

ZHawke wrote: It really never ceases to amaze me how some "demand" direct answers to their direct questions, but choose to ignore direct questions to possible flaws in their reasoning in posts they make by claiming deflection, denial, evasion, etc., ad nauseum. I've asked several question on immigration issues in this thread that have yet to have any answers given. Is it inherent in these threads that only those with more "conservative" ideals and strongly held views are the only ones that can ask questions? I ask this with all due respect simply because I've seen this, and been subject to it, over and over and over. I'm not claiming any special privilege, nor am I claiming any persecution. I'm merely stating an observation that seems pretty prevalent and ongoing.

Some of us thought the purpose of a public forum was to discuss and express "our opinions" and not merely post links to someone else's thoughts.

Then answer the questions I've posed.

23 Nov 2014 13:17 #54 by HEARTLESS
You're being very demanding and frightening me.

23 Nov 2014 13:18 #55 by ZHawke

HEARTLESS wrote: You're being very demanding and frightening me.

Bummer. Talk about deflection, denial, evasion. :pacman:

23 Nov 2014 13:30 #56 by HEARTLESS
Also, after reviewing all 6 pages of this thread, the only question directed at me was "How so?"
Careful thought has made me conclude I haven't got a clue how to answer that. Besides I don't sew or so, but will stitch or staple if a wound needs it.

23 Nov 2014 13:33 #57 by ZHawke
You certainly are getting good at your deflections. There have been numerous questions I've asked, not specifically directed at you, but asked none-the-less. You've never been shy in stepping in to "defend" others thus far. Why should stepping in to answer questions be any different?

23 Nov 2014 13:35 #58 by ZHawke
Also, please note the questions that were directed toward two others, specifically, neither of whom have even attempted to answer anything thus far.

23 Nov 2014 13:54 #59 by HEARTLESS

ZHawke wrote: Also, please note the questions that were directed toward two others, specifically, neither of whom have even attempted to answer anything thus far.

I can't answer for anyone but me, and I like to blame the dogs when it gets too intense.

23 Nov 2014 13:57 #60 by Rick

I'll make a deal with you Z, I will answer one or more direct question with a direct and to the point answer if you do the same. No deflections, no saying it could be this or it could be that... just my best and most reasoned opinion. Pick any question in this thread that I have not answered and I will do the same. Lets see how that works out.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds