Some perspective on "immigration"?

21 Nov 2014 10:06 #1 by ZHawke
Some perspective on "immigration"? was created by ZHawke
On immigration, specifically. Not on immigration "reform".

talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/no-your-ances...-t-come-here-legally

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Nov 2014 10:36 #2 by Blazer Bob

ZHawke wrote: On immigration, specifically. Not on immigration "reform".

My perspective is that the author has too much time on his hands or perhaps is educated beyond his intelligence or perhaps is obeying the principal of "publish or perish".

I guess it is part of a campaign to reshape reality. I heard on CNBC someone say the new immigration edicts will improve the economy and put on pressure to raise wages.

21 Nov 2014 11:08 #3 by FredHayek
Parsing words. Probably thinks he is real clever and wants to educate us. A country's needs change. So while at one time, we were very permissive about letting in immigrants. Now we are probably too restrictive. I would love to see a policy where we welcome qualified people from all over the world instead of giving a pass to those who are lucky enough to walk across the border.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Nov 2014 11:13 #4 by Photo-fish

FredHayek wrote: I would love to see a policy where we welcome qualified people from all over the world instead of giving a pass to those who are lucky enough to walk across the border.

Obama agrees with you. :biggrin:

Second, I’ll make it easier and faster for high-skilled immigrants, graduates and entrepreneurs to stay and contribute to our economy, as so many business leaders proposed.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZHawke

21 Nov 2014 11:31 #5 by HEARTLESS
Most other nations view qualified as educated, self sufficient (not burdening welfare system), and what monies do they bring with them. BHO doesn't care about anything but future Democrat votes.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

21 Nov 2014 11:43 #6 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Some perspective on "immigration"?

BlazerBob wrote:

ZHawke wrote: On immigration, specifically. Not on immigration "reform".

My perspective is that the author has too much time on his hands or perhaps is educated beyond his intelligence or perhaps is obeying the principal of "publish or perish".

I guess it is part of a campaign to reshape reality. I heard on CNBC someone say the new immigration edicts will improve the economy and put on pressure to raise wages.

"Campaign to reshape reality"? How so?

21 Nov 2014 11:46 #7 by ZHawke

HEARTLESS wrote: Most other nations view qualified as educated, self sufficient (not burdening welfare system), and what monies do they bring with them. BHO doesn't care about anything but future Democrat votes.

The first part is what BHO is trying to accommodate. The second part of your post is pure and total speculation/opinion. It may be true. It may not be true. That doesn't diminish the fact immigration has morphed over the years to mean something negative instead of meaning something positive. This nation used to welcome immigrants, no matter their stripe.

21 Nov 2014 12:02 #8 by HEARTLESS
Immigration hasn't morphed, the word "illegal" is lost on all denial prone Liberals.

21 Nov 2014 12:06 #9 by ZHawke

HEARTLESS wrote: Immigration hasn't morphed, the word "illegal" is lost on all denial prone Liberals.

Oh, yes, immigration has morphed. Denial of that fact is to deny the entire history of the United States.

21 Nov 2014 12:09 #10 by HEARTLESS
Please show all the immigration laws prior to say 1900 to back up your delusional argument.

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds