New Bailey CBD specialty rec dispensary to open please SUPPORT!

19 May 2015 12:42 #1 by crodell
There is a hearing may 28th to determine if the community and park county as a whole should allow a new dispensary to operate just on the fringe of jefferson county line and park, just past the pine junction where old reggies restaurant, and then the auction house used to be. Its been vacant for over 10 years. It is to be completely renovated. The dispensary will have the interior gutted, and a viewing window into the grow from the lobby will let customers see whats going on.

For anyone that doesnt know what CBD is, please read the attached informational sheet it goes over it a little, you could also google charolettes web, the story of a girl that had seizures so bad it was destroying her brain until she started taking cbd oil. Also, i have many close friends that swear by it, some have PTSD, some used to even have cancer and were able to be completely cured and to this day have no bad cancer cells, even when the doctors said it was impossible without operations to remove the cancer. This stuff is a miracle, and there is hardly any in the state. I am the proposed owner, and I want to specialize in it and grow over half CBD strains to be made into oil to help CO reach the supply needed to help everyone. There are currently many more people that need it than are getting it, and are on lists for over a year sometimes. The prices are insane, my friend was just quoted 1800/mo for treatment, at over $200/gram.

The hearing is at 9am on the 28th in fairplay in the same building as the county clerk at 501 main st. in Fairplay. Anyone that can support this cause please attend! This is not just another dispensary, I am focused on the CBD, and did not apply for a medical license but promise to offer the same discounts to medical patients as if they did have the card. This way there is no extra paperwork, and people who dont want to go to the doctor can still benefit from the oil as a preventative. I will also be significantly lowering the cost. If you cant make it, please email the commissioner with your comments and REQUEST THEY BE READ DURING THE HEARING. This is the link you can do so:
parkco.us/FormCenter/Contact-Us-4-4/Cont...n-Department-124-124

A support petition provided by the state with my logo is in many businesses in bailey, if you have friends that live in park that would support this, you can fill it out and drop it off at the Crow Hill Cafe in bailey anytime they are open. There is an attachment with the form on this post.

I will also be available to talk to the public this friday from 4pm to 630pm and Sat from 11 am to 1pm at the proposed location at 66803 us hwy 285 for anyone, either in support, neutral, or opposed that has questions or concerns.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 May 2015 13:11 - 19 May 2015 13:12 #2 by HappyCamper
What is your background?

How is it made? Is there risk of fire or explosion like the illegal places making hash oil in town?

I am asking this as you want your business in the mountains and if something should happen it could potentially damage a lot of property.

19 May 2015 13:56 #3 by crodell
The document did not load properly on the last post. Here they are.

Petitions to support the rec shop are currently posted in Hog heaven, the general store in pine, the thai restaurant at pine, zokas in pine, the cutthroat cafe in bailey, high glass across the st from IREA, to name a few.

I just want to help people in need please support this cause! it will also bring more business to bailey and increase property values. Everything will be state of the art and security is much higher than the state or county requires.

Attachments:

19 May 2015 14:20 #4 by crodell
The oil would not be made at the facility, probably just down the road at a licensed facility to support local business. I would grow the strain and have it processed for a fee there. I have been cultivating cbd for over 2 years. I have an extensive background as a licensed consultant for dispensaries for over 5 years, and have been a grower for over 10. I also have run other businesses including the gypsy cafe in bailey. I have an bachelors degree with a specialization in psychology, i have also done nonprofit work for many years helping patients in their homes get started growing because of this unavailability, and getting people the cbd strains. I also have extensive knowledge on making oil, wax, and shatter, but these would not be processed here. Cbd strains are extremely hard to come by, and when someone gets one, they hold on to them because of how valuable they are. I think this is unfortunate, and this is why the price is so outrageous. The demand is very high but almost all dispensaries are focused on supplying the recreational side and ignore the real people that need help. This means availability is extremely low, and demand is huge. Tens of thousands of people have moved to CO just to get CBD and now they cant even receive it.

19 May 2015 14:24 #5 by crodell
and by local business i do mean you. lol you are the happy camper dispensary correct?

19 May 2015 14:41 #6 by HappyCamper
No, that is not me I guess I should have trademarked my NIC I am surprised that SC has not given me a hard time since that Dispensary opened.

Thanks for the bio on yourself glad to know your not just some yahoo from town trying to make a buck!!!

19 May 2015 17:18 #7 by Blazer Bob
Sorry, I am not seeing the link to
CBD.

20 May 2015 12:15 #8 by crodell
For some reason, it seems the documents wouldnt load. Here are a few good links to check out:

www.leafscience.com/2014/02/23/5-must-kn...cts-cannabidiol-cbd/

also, I went to the prehearing today, the best email to use to have your voice heard during the hearing, and your vote counted is tom eisman, the county administration officer. his email is

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

please ask to have your opinion read during the hearing, and include your address so they know how directly this affects you.

People in jeffco near the pine junction, and in pine will also be heard, and can sign the petition to support the new CBD dispensary as you are close enough for this to affect you!

20 May 2015 12:36 #9 by crodell
here is another excellent video

please understand this is medical, but i have not applied for medical license to save money and make it easier for people to get medicine without needing to go to the doctor. I am paying the extra sales tax that a non patient would pay if they have a card.

20 May 2015 16:52 #10 by PrintSmith
Hi crodell. I'm going to ask you a couple of very specific questions and I would appreciate some very specific answers to those questions. The industry has been, shall we say, a little less than forthcoming in the past and I have a well developed suspicion of it as a result.

Are you planning on operating your retail establishment solely to market the CBD strain you have developed or are you also going to be offering for sale the entire spectrum of edibles and high THC strains that are found in retail outlets generally?

What extraction process are you planning on employing at the old TJ's Wood Products location if the license to grow and manufacture is granted there? I am at least passingly familiar with Isopropyl alcohol, CO2, butane/propane or hexane as extraction methods and have heard of vacuum filtration and am curious as to which, if any, of the above you are envisioning as the method you would use.

Since honesty is what I am seeking, I'll offer it as well. I am not currently inclined to support your endeavor. That may, or may not, change depending upon whether I receive direct, honest answers to the questions I've posed or whether you attempt to skate on a layer of flowery rhetoric instead of answering the questions. Your attempts to portray what will in fact be a retail operation as a medical dispensary aren't a good start on that front, but I'm willing to write that off as trying to put your best foot forward and create some initial good will.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds