Confederate Battle Flag a Symbol of Hate?

26 Jun 2015 08:51 #11 by Nobody that matters
Only the old school democrats are racist. The new democrats learned the power of entitlement and are using it as the handbasket that's taking us to hell.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jun 2015 10:44 #12 by cydl

Nobody that matters wrote: Only the old school democrats are racist. The new democrats learned the power of entitlement and are using it as the handbasket that's taking us to hell.

That's for sure. Wonder what will happen when, as Margaret Thatcher said, they run out of other people's money? I don't think it'll be too long before that happens...

26 Jun 2015 11:27 #13 by intheaspens
A good commentary here:

27 Jun 2015 12:36 #14 by Ashley
Thanks intheaspens.

[Sarcasm]Getting rid of the confederate flag and Confederate rebels clearly will make everyone equal. Yep that will do it!

What will we get rid of next?

27 Jun 2015 18:03 #15 by Ashley
My facebook feed looks like a battle broke out between the confederates and a skittles factory
cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/...es-factory-38e94.png

29 Jun 2015 21:39 #16 by otisptoadwater

All 6 square inches of it!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

30 Jun 2015 07:13 #17 by FredHayek
One of the reasons people ask that the Confederate flag be taken down is because the KKK used it. They also flew the American flag and the Christian Cross, should those be taken down too? The Christian Cross offends people because they have persecuted homosexuals for centuries. Time for that to come down too?

A woman last week was cheered after she took down the Rebel flag flying over a monument to Confederate dead. Will we see a time when crosses and American flags are legally taken down too?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Jun 2015 08:24 #18 by Ashley

30 Jun 2015 10:02 #19 by cydl
Thanks for that link, Ashley. Well worth the watch indeed!

As the collectivists march on with their cultural cleansing in general and in the South in particular I'm reminded of other cultural cleansings that have been undertaken in the past; the Khmer Rouge, the pogroms of Europe (up to and including the Nazis), the Armenians, the mess in Rwanda...and most recently ISIS.

Pretty soon everything will be banned because everything offends someone.

10 Jul 2015 18:24 #20 by otisptoadwater
HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! WE SHOULD ALL BE CELEBRATING AND DANCING IN THE STREETS! BECAUSE THE STATE GUBMENT OF SOUTH CAROLINA DECIDED TO TAKE DOWN THE EVIL, CRIME COMMITTING, MINORITY KILLING REBEL FLAG TODAY FROM THE STATE HOUSE GROUNDS THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER CASE OF RACIALLY MOTIVATED "GUN VIOLENCE" PERPETRATED UPON ANY MINORITY PERSON EVER AGAIN!!! WHO KNEW THAT THE SOLUTION TO "GUN VIOLENCE" WAS SO SIMPLE?!?!?

I guess there isn't any such thing as up holding a symbol of heritage anymore... I can't wait for the Japanese to be called out on their flags! Talk about a symbol of pure hatred and racist violence!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds