Guns Don't Kill People, People Kill People

02 Aug 2015 17:43 #71 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Guns Don't Kill People, People Kill People
Circular and convoluted reasoning, Arlen, circular and convoluted reasoning indeed. Are you trying to tell me a gun shoots stones?

By your reasoning, because I'm a so-called "liberal", I'm responsible for those who choose to engage in mass shootings? Now THAT is disingenuous!!!!

What DO conservatives think will stop the production of crazies?

Crazies are only part of the problem, Arlen. But you already knew that, didn't you....rhetorical question. How far down that rabbit hole do you want to take this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Aug 2015 17:57 #72 by Arlen
Yes! Yes! Yes! A gun shoots stones! You did not know this?

02 Aug 2015 18:14 #73 by ZHawke
Now that we have that settled, what about the rest of the questions I posed to you?

02 Aug 2015 18:20 - 02 Aug 2015 18:33 #74 by Arlen
OK, let's begin with one of your statements "crazies are only part of the problem".
No! No! No! Crazies are totally the problem. If you do not have murderous crazies, there is no problem.

02 Aug 2015 18:34 #75 by ZHawke

Arlen wrote: OK, let's begin with one of your statements "crazies are only part of the problem".
No! No! No! Crazies are totally the problem. If you do not have murderous crazies, there is no problem.

I totally beg to differ.

02 Aug 2015 18:40 #76 by Arlen
How do you differ?
If there are no mass murdering crazies, who is going to take up the slack and do the mass murdering? How does the problem of mass murder continue without the crazies who commit the murders?
I am totally agog that you believe that mass murder continues without the mass murdering crazy! Please explain, as I cannot fathom such a lack of logic.

02 Aug 2015 18:45 #77 by ZHawke

Arlen wrote: How do you differ?
If there are no mass murdering crazies, who is going to take up the slack and do the mass murdering? How does the problem of mass murder continue without the crazies who commit the murders?
I am totally agog that you believe that mass murder continues without the mass murdering crazy! Please explain, as I cannot fathom such a lack of logic.

Define "crazy", Arlen.

The fact is, and as has been stated in this and other threads previously, the issue of gun violence, or violence at the end of a gun in deference to those who have difficulty with the phraseology, is multi-faceted. It includes mass shootings, but isn't exclusive to them.

02 Aug 2015 18:53 - 02 Aug 2015 18:59 #78 by Arlen
Whenever I came into this thread, you were discussing mass murder. That is what I am still addressing. Do not deflect from this topic. Other topics should be discussed singly because all topics do not have the same dynamics or answers.

OK, if you want to lead us off into the weeds, I define "mass murdering crazies" as those people who commit mass murder. Simple enough for you?

Now, answer the question of how mass murder will continue if there are no mass murdering crazies. And remember, you "totally" differ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jukerado

02 Aug 2015 19:16 #79 by ZHawke

Arlen wrote: Whenever I came into this thread, you were discussing mass murder. That is what I am still addressing. Do not deflect from this topic. Other topics should be discussed singly because all topics do not have the same dynamics or answers.

OK, if you want to lead us off into the weeds, I define "mass murdering crazies" as those people who commit mass murder. Simple enough for you?

Now, answer the question of how mass murder will continue if there are no mass murdering crazies. And remember, you "totally" differ.

So, when you come into the thread, that's when discussion of all that has gone before that point in time is no longer relevant to the discussion? And, for the record, the discussion was not specifically about "mass murder". Rather, it was about gun violence.

The request was for you to define "crazies", not "mass murder crazies". A simplistic response, such as yours, does not actually define the word "crazies". Are "crazies" schizophrenic? Are they bi-polar? Are they manic/depressive? Are they simply depressed? Are they suicidal? Are they insane? Are they in need of medical/psychiatric intervention?

How do you intend to do away with "mass murdering crazies"? Does it simply boil down to taking them out when they are in the act, itself? Or should that be done beforehand? If so, how do you definitively determine they will become a "mass murdering crazy"? After they've been identified as being a "mass murdering crazy", but before they've actually done the deed, what do you do with them?

If you consider this to be being "lead off into the weeds", I won't go down that rabbit hole with you.

02 Aug 2015 19:58 #80 by ZHawke
Asking you again, Arlen: What DO conservatives think will stop the production of crazies?

You either ignored this question entirely, or you don't have an answer. Which is it?

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds