Day Hikes Near Denver

22 Jun 2010 12:04 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Day Hikes Near Denver was created by CinnamonGirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jun 2010 12:21 #2 by Dayhikesneardenver
Thanks CinnamonGirl!
My wife and I moved to Denver a couple years ago and wanted a great source for weekend hikes. We couldn't find one, so we decided to make one. Our hope is to have 100 hikes up by year's end.

Aaron

30 Jun 2010 12:32 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Day Hikes Near Denver
Glad to have you here Aaron. Lots of hikers here. Have fun on the site.

30 Jun 2010 12:55 #4 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Day Hikes Near Denver
The hike up to Gibson Lake & Whale Peak should be fantastic for wildflowers this week and next. Not in Denver but just off 285 at Webster.

Bring your fishin' pole too.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

30 Jun 2010 13:43 #5 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Day Hikes Near Denver

Photo-fish wrote: The hike up to Gibson Lake & Whale Peak should be fantastic for wildflowers this week and next. Not in Denver but just off 285 at Webster.

Photo-fish is right. This is one of the best hikes along 285. Rough road to reach the trail head though.

30 Jun 2010 16:33 #6 by Photo-fish
Another good one for wildflowers and fishin is Shelf Lake (Smelter Gulch) trail off Guanella pass.

I am gonna try a day hike to Gibson Lake on 7/24 and if weather permits and fishing is good, I may stay the night.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

30 Jun 2010 16:38 #7 by FoothillsRealtor

Photo-fish wrote: Another good one for wildflowers and fishin is Shelf Lake (Smelter Gulch) trail off Guanella pass.

I am gonna try a day hike to Gibson Lake on 7/24 and if weather permits and fishing is good, I may stay the night.

Its beautiful to camp up there, there are little "pockets" in the willows that provide privacy for your campsite and yes, Whale Peak is an awesome hike. Shelf lake can be a bit crowded, but great during the week.

Sophia S Paul, Broker Associate
Home Real Estate
Bailey, CO
303-838-3322           

30 Jun 2010 16:44 #8 by Photo-fish
I made the mistake of pitching tent right up by Gibson Lake one year. Absolutely no cover 'cept for a big 10 foot tall boulder. Overnight the winds destroyed the tent and almost blew me and the dogs down the valley. No rain at all, it was a completely clear night. Just monster wind. No sleep that night at all.

30 Jun 2010 16:51 #9 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Day Hikes Near Denver

Photo-fish wrote: The hike up to Gibson Lake & Whale Peak should be fantastic for wildflowers this week and next. Not in Denver but just off 285 at Webster.

How far is the Gibson lake hike? I have been in the Webster pass area, but not on that hike.

Thanks

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

30 Jun 2010 17:07 #10 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Day Hikes Near Denver

Joe wrote:

How far is the Gibson lake hike? I have been in the Webster pass area, but not on that hike.

Thanks

3 hours round trip , give or take 30 min., not real difficult but lots of variety in the terrain.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds