Pine Lake at Pine Valley Ranch Park Opens for Ice Skating & Fishing

05 Jan 2015 08:36 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Pine Lake at Pine Valley Ranch Park Opens for Skating

As of December 29, Pine Lake has reached a minimum ice depth of 8 inches and has opened for ice skating.

Courtesy snow shovels are provided in the warming hut to allow ice skaters to clear the snow from the rink area on the east side of the lake. Rangers will continue to monitor ice depth.

Ice fishing has been proving successful for those patient anglers braving the cold. Anglers, be cautious of changing conditions and stay clear of the ice rink area.

All ice activities are at visitors' own risk. Skating hazards on the lake include cracks, rough/uneven patches, sticks and other debris. Stay clear of the ice when standing water, slush, or thin ice is present.

Ice skating is allowed during open park hours only (1 hour before sunrise and 1 hour after sunset). Rangers will maintain a supply of firewood in the warming hut to be used in the fireplace. Firewood collection and team sports are not allowed. For organized hockey games, please visit other public ice rinks, such as Evergreen Lake You are now leaving the jeffco.us website to an external site.

Thea Rock
Communications Manager
303-271-5902
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jan 2015 17:17 #2 by Mountain-News-Events
CO Parks & Wildlife also has an Introduction to Ice Fishing Class available that is being taught at Pine Valley Ranch on January 24 from 9am-2pm. Don't wait to reserve your spot, other classes have filled up and this is about half full at the time of this posting.

Introduction to Ice Fishing-NE6420

This is an introductory ice fishing class. We will meet at the lake. After you park follow the path across the bridge to the lake. Topics covered will include: ice safety, ice fishing equipment, different ice fishing set-ups, and plenty of time actually fishing.

The class will go on regardless of weather so please dress appropriately. Good boots, gloves, hat and a jacket are a must. Other items you might want to bring include: camp chair, water, snacks, sunblock. All fishing gear and bait will be provided but feel free to bring your own if you have some and want to learn with it.

Pine Valley Ranch Park
30400 Crystal Lake Rd.
Pine, CO 80470

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

07 Feb 2015 13:05 #3 by Mountain-News-Events
Pine Lake Closed to Ice Skating Until Further Notice

Due to the presence of standing water, slush, and a large expanse of open water growing toward the skating area, Pine Lake at Pine Valley Ranch Park is now closed to ice skating activities. We do not advise that anglers venture onto the ice at this time due to the fluctuations in ice thickness across the lake.

Thea Rock
Communications Manager
303-271-5902
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

jeffco.us/open-space/news/2015/pine-lake...ntil-further-notice/

17 Feb 2015 08:21 #4 by Photo-fish
I was hiking around Pine Valley Ranch on Sunday 2/15. I noticed the lake was completely iced off already. There were trout making splish-splash about 100 feet out. I ran back to the truck and rigged up with a wooly bugger. I had a few strikes before the weather came in and started icing up my fly line.

I think it might be partially frozen again after the last 2 cold nights.
It was nice to get some early season casting practice at live targets.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

17 Feb 2015 10:03 #5 by swansei
We have been enjoying the warm weather and incredible walks/hiking in Pine Valley Open Space with very little snow to deal with. Amazing to see the lake so open.

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds