Black Bear Pass - Silverton/Telluride

20 May 2018 10:17 #1 by DDawg
Anyone run this trail? I'm doing it one way or the other unless we continue to not get any moisture down there and end up with a lot of fire bans, but thought I'd ask my local people about their personal experiences.

-Smokey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2018 17:40 #2 by ScienceChic
Hey Smokey!

I asked your question over in the 303 Trail Monitor group (they are great about knowing/sharing trail conditions) and I don't think many have been out that way recently. This is the only answer I've gotten so far:
"Not there but I would say either closed due to snow or a raging Ingram Falls."
www.facebook.com/groups/303TrailConditions

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 May 2018 21:57 #3 by ScienceChic
Got a couple more replies, one who said it "usually doesn’t open until the 4th of July and another who said "Guessing mid June this year. Call one of the Jeep rental shops there".

Hope this helps!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 May 2018 18:04 #4 by DDawg
Headin down there for my birthday at the end of June into July so I think I should be good. Read a lot about it and people have wildly differing views on how technical/dangerous it is. In the end, I'm gonna have a great time either way! Thanks.

-Smokey

30 May 2018 16:02 #5 by DDawg
Thought I'd share this video from YouTube, this is gonna be a blast!

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds